New Goosebumps live-action series

TheDisneyParksfanC8

This sounds like it has a lot of potential. Disney knows how to do shows with paranormal elements (Gravity Falls and Owl House)well. Depending on how well it is does with both critics and audiences, It is entirely possible Disney could acquire the rights to Stine's works in the same way Netflix did with Ronald Dahl to do an entire universe across animated and live action movies and TV shows on Disney+. I also think A goosebumps land would be really cool to see at Hollywood Studios and California Adventure.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Goosebumps will premiere with the first 5 episodes on October 13 on Disney+ and Hulu . Afterwards, new episodes will be streaming weekly.

The first two episodes will also air on Freeform on October 13.

Here's the cast list.

“Goosebumps” stars Justin Long (“Barbarian”) and Rachael Harris (“Lucifer”), alongside newcomers Zack Morris (“EastEnders”), Isa Briones (“Star Trek: Picard”), Miles McKenna (“Guilty Party”), Ana Yi Puig (“Gossip Girl”) and Will Price (“The Equalizer”).

Prince-1

It's not bad. Edgier than I thought it would be. Still think they should release it all by Halloween

I guess they didn't want to release it to soon before Halloween and also if you have been watching it and liking it then you won't stop after Halloween passes.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I'm one episode in and I'm definifely surprised at the horror tone they were going for with this show, especially on Disney Plus.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Goosebumps has been renewed for a second season on Disney+.

"The announcement was made during the Disney Branded Television presentation at the Television Critics Association winter press tour. As part of the announcement, it was also revealed that the second season would be eight episodes compared to the 10-episode first season, and that the show is going the anthology route. Thus, Season 2 will feature an entirely new cast and setting based on R.L. Stine’s iconic Scholastic book series.

“Audiences everywhere fell in love with the series’ chills, thrills, heart and humor, making it one of Disney Branded Television’s most-watched shows of last year,” said Ayo Davis, president of Disney Branded Television. “We can’t wait to dive deeper into the brilliant mind of R.L. Stine, and to collaborate once again with Sony Pictures Television, Scholastic Entertainment, and our fantastic creative team to bring an entirely new mystery to Disney+ for season two.”

The official description of Season 2 states, “teenage siblings discover a threat within their home, setting off a chain of events that unravel a profound mystery. As they delve into the unknown, the duo find themselves entangled in the story of five teenagers who mysteriously vanished in 1994.”"

Full article at the link below.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom