News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

donaldtoo

Oh, well. At least the water fountains are working, and shoes aren't getting stuck in the pavement. :)

These Disneyland opening day references continue to crack me up, and are also gettin’ real old real fast, at the same time.
It was a totally new and groundbreaking venture back in ‘55.
I would expect that it has all been in the “Disney Opening Day Manual” somewhere since.
Get a new line, please...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:;):)

Scottmck66

It was an adventure from Epcot to Pop tonight. Left the park about 9:45. Line was about 25 minutes, stopped in air once for about 5 minutes, arrived at Caribbean to learn that line to Pop was down. Waited in line about 20 minutes for bus. Also had to bus from CB to Pop around 2:30 today because Pop line was down. Someone also told me same thing happened around 1pm. My main complaint that I made to one of the managers at CB station was that they’re letting people on at the parks without telling them that the line to Pop/Aoa isn’t running. Another thing I noticed at Epcot station was a line of about 25 ECV/Wheelchairs waiting. Then another 10 ECV/WC at CB waiting for a bus.

lentesta

Premium Member
We're timing and counting capacity today.

Here's how many gondolas went out of IG in 10-minute spans at various hours yesterday (9/30/2019) afternoon:

12:17 pm: 51 (306/hour, or 3,060 passengers THC)
1:00 pm: 25 (150/hour, or 1,500 passengers THC) There were many stops in this time period.
2:00 pm: 57 (342/hour, or 3,420 passengers THC)
3:00 pm: 67 (402/hour, or 4,020 passengers THC)

Average was 50 (300/hour, or 3,000 passengers THC).

Lilofan

I thought the whole system was very well staffed. Lots of Disney cast and Doppelmayr mechanics in and around all stations.
That's usually the case when a new attraction is just rolling out. Then the efficiency experts make their recommendations then it goes from there.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I thought the whole system was very well staffed. Lots of Disney cast and Doppelmayr mechanics in and around all stations.
Ok, but what kind of scenarios should be leading to line stops more than 30-90 sec long? Are there more than one person at load to assist a group hands on if needed without abandoning the gate or next group?

Disney likes to use bodies for crowd control and information... that has seemed light from reports so far at Trinidad.

5 minute stops sounds absurd unless there is a mechanical issue.

joelkfla

This is a legitimate issue...

You can’t really hear the voice from below but the chime is very noticeable when walking underneath a line.

Gee, I would have thought Disney would have just sent someone out there to listen for themselves.

I also noticed a timing problem on the spiels arriving at CBR from Riviera. The destination spiel ends something like "Thank you for riding the most magi .." whereupon it's abruptly cut off and the "Please remain seated ..." arrival safety spiel starts.

iowamomof4

All that testing and taking so much time to complete construction and they are having these kinds of issues? Sigh. Oh, I'm also referring to a report that the Pop/Aoa > CBR line was down this morning.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Gee, I would have thought Disney would have just sent someone out there to listen for themselves.

I also noticed a timing problem on the spiels arriving at CBR from Riviera. The destination spiel ends something like "Thank you for riding the most magi .." whereupon it's abruptly cut off and the "Please remain seated ..." arrival safety spiel starts.

Looks like Disney's Twitter team responded to him looking to address the issue, now if anything actually gets addressed is anyone's guess.

On a side not Blog Mickey is saying the CBR to POP line is not running this morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom