News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Isn't the one on the left the part that is going to be on the top of the tower on the right? Or am I confused about your statement?

Yes, that top is going on the tower, but he is commenting that there are two towers there very close together.

1541863409127.png

DisAl

Yes, that top is going on the tower, but he is commenting that there are two towers there very close together.

View attachment 325532
Where there is a steep descent at a station the close in tower is used to pull the haul rope down (cable will be under the pulley, not on top) so that it makes a straighter entry with the cables tightly on top of that last set of pulleys. It is very important that the haul rope be very stable as it enters the station.

Monorail_Red_77

Victory Drive North bound will be close tonight for detours due to cable stringing for the gondolas. We just drovethrough this section and they have the signs ready to close road overnight. They have the road construction lighting all along the gondola path where it crosses Victory. I saw at least 5 to 10 cables strung. They don’t appear to be related to the pull ropes. Appear to be more towards the top center of the masts. No pic to prove as I was driving. also looks like workers are on site too.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom