News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

nickys

Premium Member
If they run with hurricane plans, everything will probably be shutdown and everyone will be contained at their resort.

They don’t want people contained at their resort though. They want people to go to Disney Springs and spend their money.

There seems little reason to run the CBR to DHS route. But getting people between POP, AoA, CBR, RR and the Boardwalk may make some sense, give people something “new“ to do.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
The point is to feed the parks - no reason to keep it running once the parks shutdown. The Resorts being open is really just to deal with how to ramp down the closure of the resort... so expect services ramping down to follow along.

It's assumed that the resorts are being kept open to ramp down as you say, but why no prohibition on new check-ins?

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's assumed that the resorts are being kept open to ramp down as you say, but why no prohibition on new check-ins?

I think you're just seeing the 'deal with the most important...' prioritization. Don't clutter the message with the 'what if..' scenarios that aren't as high a priority. Disney likely didn't want to turn away people that were going to show up on the doorstep... instead let them in and work to transition them away.

Better than saying "we have no room for you.." and force people into a panic relocation issue more than necessary. It would just be an artificial constraint that would cause more grief than gain. Being flexible allows them to navigate this as best as possible.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Said nothing either way about watercraft. Interesting.

@wdwmagic is reporting that it does include watercraft -

The following will cease operations on Monday:
  • Disney Skyliner
  • Epcot Monorail
  • Express Monorail
  • Watercraft
  • Minnie Van will only support existing reservations off-property
Bus service will continue between resorts and Disney Springs, and resort to resort as needed. The Resort Monorail serving the Contemporary, Polyneisan and Grand Floridian will continue.

ImperfectPixie

@wdwmagic is reporting that it does include watercraft -

The following will cease operations on Monday:
  • Disney Skyliner
  • Epcot Monorail
  • Express Monorail
  • Watercraft
  • Minnie Van will only support existing reservations off-property
Bus service will continue between resorts and Disney Springs, and resort to resort as needed. The Resort Monorail serving the Contemporary, Polyneisan and Grand Floridian will continue.

Thank you for posting...hopefully this will get my friend's mother to leave. She's in extreme denial and doesn't want to go home.

esskay

Yeah the resorts might be open but it'll be a case of they're open because people are still there.

Once people file out and stop arriving they can close most parts of them down, and maybe even contact people who are still going and consolodate them into a couple of resorts.

They're going to make a massive loss, the more they can do to contain how many places they have to keep operational the better. Put everyone in a Monorail resort - they'll be very happy with the upgrade, you can then reduce the number of shops and restaurants, bus routes etc.

I know someone above said they want people to go to springs and spend money but honestly I don't think thats what they'll want at all. They want you to go home. Nobodys going to be spending enough to even cover the power bill for the day in the shop.

Disone

Yeah the resorts might be open but it'll be a case of they're open because people are still there.

Once people file out and stop arriving they can close most parts of them down, and maybe even contact people who are still going and consolodate them into a couple of resorts.

They're going to make a massive loss, the more they can do to contain how many places they have to keep operational the better. Put everyone in a Monorail resort - they'll be very happy with the upgrade, you can then reduce the number of shops and restaurants, bus routes etc.

I know someone above said they want people to go to springs and spend money but honestly I don't think thats what they'll want at all. They want you to go home. Nobodys going to be spending enough to even cover the power bill for the day in the shop.
Once again Walt Disney World Has Changed gears on the Fly. A few hours after the CDC made its recommendations of no Gatherings over 50 people anywhere, Walt Disney World Is Now moving forward with the decision to close all of the Resort's effective 5 p.m. March 20th.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Once again Walt Disney World Has Changed gears on the Fly. A few hours after the CDC made its recommendations of no Gatherings over 50 people anywhere, Walt Disney World Is Now moving forward with the decision to close all of the Resort's effective 5 p.m. March 20th.
Well, I'm guessing that will close down the Skyliner for the duration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom