News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Incomudro

So please tell us.. what was your comfort level when you rode the Disney Skyliner?

The issue is you speak matter of factly on something you have no clue about.

I have no idea how I will personally feel - but I believe that since I've lived for 56 years that I've got enough experience to have learned that various people experience comfort - or the lack of it in various ways.
I know people who hate air conditioning in their cars - and even their homes - and do not like to use it on even the most stifling of days.
I know others who have it on all the time - everywhere.
As for myself I've posted in the past that I used to ride the Staten Island Ferry to and from work. (some 20 plus years)
Some people found the boat to be gloriously comfortable on sticky hot NYC days.
Loved the breeze and were in their glory.
Others (myself included) found the trip on hot and humid days to be disgustingly hot and humid - but with a breeze.
Now, other times of the year - say on warm and dry days like we have here today on this lovely September day - I would have loved the ride on The Ferry.
Bet some others would find it chilly today though.
You know... Subjective.

joelkfla

BrerJon

Which does not change the PP's point, which is that different people will (and are allowed to) have different heat tolerance levels, which will impact their own opinions.

That is the same for anything though - it's the same for attraction queues, outdoor lands, restaurants... It's not something unique to the Skyliner.

At the end of the day it's a six to ten minute journey, so I'm pretty sure even the most sensitive person will be able to survive that. If they can walk outside in the heat for ten minutes, they can ride in a gondola without coming to harm.

DisAl

I see this system as being a total disaster. It's far too logistically complicated for the average guest to navigate and load/unload will be an operations nightmare.

There is an obvious solution to the transportation problem that would fit the physical environment perfectly but they are too stupid to think of it. Wait for it.......... Canals! Duh?

They can have a MK to Pop canal, another from Epcot to POP, another canal from MK to AoA, another from DHS to POP, one from MK to CR, another seperate one from Epcot to CR, one from CS to POP, CS to MK, and so on. It's so simple.

Each resort has it's own dedicated canal to all the parks and other resorts. All they have to do is dig channels down to the water table(2 ft.) and all those carbon spewing busses are eliminated.
Using canals is not nearly as simple as you think. Most of the existing canals are neither wide enough of deep enough to handle two way boat traffic. A lot of the canals have gates in them to regulate water levels. Modifying the canal system could have cost even more than the Skyliner with 10% of the capacity.
You would just be replacing carbon spewing buses with carbon spewing boats that travel at a quarter of the speed with a quarter of the passenger load per vehicle.
Boats make a nice ride but if you think they are useful for high volume transportation just consider the Friendship boats at Epcot, the boats from Epcot to HS (a 45 min to 1 hour ride) or the 30 to 40 minute ride for POR to DS.

drizgirl

That is the same for anything though - it's the same for attraction queues, outdoor lands, restaurants... It's not something unique to the Skyliner.

At the end of the day it's a six to ten minute journey, so I'm pretty sure even the most sensitive person will be able to survive that. If they can walk outside in the heat for ten minutes, they can ride in a gondola without coming to harm.
Nobody is talking about what can be survived. Nobody even insinuated that people would be unable to survive the journey. The PP just dared to say that different people have different tolerance levels and will have different opinions. It's ridiculous that the group think here can't tolerate differing opinions.

lazyboy97o

Nobody is talking about what can be survived. Nobody even insinuated that people would be unable to survive the journey. The PP just dared to say that different people have different tolerance levels and will have different opinions. It's ridiculous that the group think here can't tolerate differing opinions.
Groupthink is about decision making. The poster and others have repeatedly been told to drop the subject. The angle of “I will be uncomfortable” is just a tired tactic to avoid objective facts regarding ventilation.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Has anyone posted this yet? It’s a pretty comprehensive report.

From the article....
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios to Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort – 2:33
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort to Disney’s Riviera Resort – 2:17
  • Disney’s Riviera Resort to Epcot – 6:16
  • Total time in the air from Epcot to Disney’s Hollywood Studios – 11:27

Called it!...

voodoo321

Most of the existing canals are neither wide enough of deep enough to handle two way boat traffic.
There wouldn't be two way traffic. For instance, there would be a Coronado Springs to Caribbean Beach canal which is one way. To get back you would use the Caribbean Beach to Coronado Springs canal which runs roughly parallel. With the high Florida water table it would be no more than a 2 ft trench.

Mark P.

deeevo

Now that it's been revealed that it will be very windy on these, I've been given the go-ahead to reveal an image of a guest who rode from CBR to Epcot during a test this past January:

tenor.gif

Ironically, he missed his Frozen FP+.
Funny thing is in January it's going to be cold AH... can't wait for the complaining from the snowbirds. People... it does get cold in Florida and a stiff 10 to 15 mph breeze will cut right through you. Remember.. we have a wet cold.... brrrrrrrrrrrrr...

joelkfla

ToTBellHop

Funny thing is in January it's going to be cold AH... can't wait for the complaining from the snowbirds. People... it does get cold in Florida and a stiff 10 to 15 mph breeze will cut right through you. Remember.. we have a wet cold.... brrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Not to worry. Coals from what’s left of summer riders should keep us warm on the Skyliner this winter. I’m bringing marshmallows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom