News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

180º

I recall our insiders hinting that the Skyliner stations were at one point supposed to be more elaborate before they were cut back. In light of that, I’m pleasantly surprised by the results which look about on-par with the rest of Disney’s transportation boarding areas. All in all, the Skyliner looks pretty dignified and fits right in with monorails and friendship boats. :)

Notes from Neverland

I recall our insiders hinting that the Skyliner stations were at one point supposed to be more elaborate before they were cut back. In light of that, I’m pleasantly surprised by the results which look about on-par with the rest of Disney’s transportation boarding areas. All in all, the Skyliner looks pretty dignified and fits right in with monorails and friendship boats. :)
Completely agree. That's one of the curses of information. We know the Skyliner stations were scaled back and could have been better, but the end result is really good. Odds are no one will think they're anything other than great unless they read about the plans here.

lazyboy97o

Completely agree. That's one of the curses of information. We know the Skyliner stations were scaled back and could have been better, but the end result is really good. Odds are no one will think they're anything other than great unless they read about the plans here.
Or they’re aware of the styles they poorly imitate.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I tread lightly when asking this, but if you are taking the Skyliner from CBR to Epcot, will you be able to get off and walk to the boardwalk area or will it funnel you directly to the park?
Yes, you can go to BC or Boardwalk off of the gondola.

Many, many pages back there was a discussion around operating hours and there seemed to be some sense that the gondola line to/from EPCOT would stay open well past park closing to accommodate guests visiting the EPCOT resorts and Boardwalk for dining/entertainment. I guess we’ll know soon how late the system actually runs.

TiggerDad

Yes, you can go to BC or Boardwalk off of the gondola.

Many, many pages back there was a discussion around operating hours and there seemed to be some sense that the gondola line to/from EPCOT would stay open well past park closing to accommodate guests visiting the EPCOT resorts and Boardwalk for dining/entertainment. I guess we’ll know soon how late the system actually runs.
Skyliner cm hours were posted earlier from the job listing, and it was very late.

Goofyque'

Marked safe from riding skyliner since 1957.

starri42

We have some nice gondola action for @Lift Blog:

Weirdly, that actually makes the forced perspective better, because they appear to pass in front of the Eiffel Tower. Or am I just crazy?

I like the kinetic energy it adds, which is something World Showcase lacks, but the bright primary colors are kind of shocking when they're drifting past the terra cotta colors of Italy and especially Morocco.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
But that doesn’t necessarily tell us how late the Skyliner will run. Some of that will be the security, maintenance checks shifts and so on.
Outside of Jellyrolls and some west coast game watching at ESPN I’m not sure it matters. Assuming Epcot stays open until at least 9:30 and they give guests an hour to leave the park I would assume gondolas run until at least 11. Most restaurants stop seating before 11 so there won’t be many people left to ride the system.

It would be cool if they beefed up the late night entertainment options at Boardwalk and did something less temporary and sporadic with Atlantic Dance Hall (I think it’s still called that?). It’s always a nice option to leave EPCOT after the show and stop in for a few drinks before heading back to your resort. Then they could run the gondolas until 12 or 1 and give guests at the gondola resorts an easy transport back. Maybe with mini Uber’s they don’t need that anyway. Running until 11 should cover most guest’s needs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom