New Firework Show....MK

PPJV

Original Poster
screamscape.com posts
(3/5/03) The latest rumors claim that an all new fireworks show is now being planned to open sometime in November 2003. Why November? You’ve got me, especially since they will need to pull out every trick in the book to keep attendance from falling this summer again. A new killer fireworks show would sure be a good way to increase attendance this summer. Meanwhile we’ve heard that they may be testing elements of this new fireworks show (rooftop launches?) on March 19th if you’re in the area.

If you got the new Vacation planning video. The picture on the last page of the booklet that comes with it may be the rooftop launches they are talking about.

Could this be?

colliera

Rooftop fireworks

I checked the photo in the vacation planning video mentioned, (got my new one a couple of weeks ago), but those are spread too wide and high to match up with the testing I saw the first week of Feb. They were more like the brightest shell burst in that photo that is directly over the castle. That would be the highest any of the shots were. Most were lower. and forward of the castle except for some of the shots more toward Space Mt. and slightly more to the left as viewed from the Contemporary Resort North Garden Wing bus pickup seating area. I started watching the test from a second floor room window but had to move to the ground floor level and to the left at the bus stop to clear an obstructed view because of trees.

Color-wise there was a lot of low level deep red. So much so it turned the castle the same deep red even though it was being painted with a pale aqua. The higher bursts were mostly white that traveled up in a single trail that split into mini-trails raidiating out from the center a short distance only to split into even smaller mini-trails and then fade.

I believe there were even lower level shots as there were times the castle would reflect light but little of the actual fireworks could be seen above the tree line.

I don't think the americans celebrate November 5th as Guy Fawkes day millbilldavid...

Well, they should!! Maybe it is just me, but I thought it was obvious. Anyway, the show WILL be good, if it gets off the ground, as I've yet to see a crappy fireworks show at Disney and I've been going every year since '98. Worked there as well in 2000.

MillVillDavid
(Ambassador of the Month, October 2000)

civileng68

Account Suspended
You kidding me?

New fireworks sounds great!

However, there's one problem: the way the hours are going, WDW wont' be open past dark for fireworks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom