New Female Centric Disney+ Star Wars show

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Too early to announce the premise?

HBO doesn't announce, "we're developing a new TV show." It's always like, "The Game of Thrones guys are developing a show about a new civil war." But more formal. I just found this weird.
Wait, I'm sorry what more of the premise do you want than "Leslye Headland is creating a female-centric show set in the Star Wars universe away from the other timelines of other current project", that is the premise. Its too early in the development process to give much more details than that, I'm not sure why that is weird or even surprising. Also I don't know why you find it weird when it almost exactly does what you just said HBO does.

tk924

I've read the back story on this person who has been chosen to run this new show. It's gonna be a hard pass for me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Could this be the Doctor Aprha show? Or Ashoka?

When you can, please follow online reports back to their source, which would have been an article by Variety.

And that article is being discussed in the dumpster fire of a thread here:

In short, it's just a leak from an anonymous source and may come to nothing.

NateD1226

The OP article was updated to The Acolyte so is this thread for the show now? Anyway, Grace Randolph (which I know some of y’all doubt since she has been wrong in the past) had an update about the show today.

Now DiscussingFilm is confirming her report adding that it will begin filming February 2022. This hasn’t been confirmed by the trades, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Jedijax719

Finally some news!

Actually very happy to see a WOC as the lead of a SW show/movie. Hopefully we get to see some bad lightsaber action and compelling character development.

ETA: Just realized she played Rue in Hunger Games.

Last edited:

Supreme Leader

According to Reddit (take it with a grain of salt) The show takes place in the final days of The High Republic and just 50 years before the events of The Phantom Menace.

doctornick

According to Reddit (take it with a grain of salt) The show takes place in the final days of The High Republic and just 50 years before the events of The Phantom Menace.

I'll admit that I'm super excited to have a series based on a different time period, detached from other materials but in the same continuity.

Though I've got to imagine we'll have the token Yoda cameo.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Jodie Turner-Smith (Queen & Slim, Anne Boleyn) is finalizing a deal to join Amandla Stenberg in the upcoming Disney+ series Star Wars: The Acolyte, sources tell Deadline. Reps for Lucasfilm and Turner-Smith declined comment.

So far Stenberg, who is playing the lead, is the only confirmed cast member for the Star Wars universe project from Leslye Headland. Details about characters, including the one played by Turner-Smith, are being kept under wraps.

The Acolyte is a mystery-thriller that will take viewers into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark-side powers in the final days of the High Republic era, Disney+ said in its December 2020 announcement. In the Star Wars universe, an acolyte can refer to individuals with force abilities who learn from a more experienced Sith Lord.

The series is expected to begin production in London in late fall."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I started a thread with the project's rightful name:

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
I started a thread with the project's rightful name:

Is that thread gone? Will move this if there is another thread.

"The eve of his potential historic night at the Emmys, Squid Game star Lee Jung-jae looks to have found his first major studio role following that breakout in a property more popular then the Netflix global phenomenon.

Sources tell Deadline that Lee has landed the male lead in the new Disney+ Star Wars series The Acolyte from Lucasfilm. Amandla Steinberg is set for the other lead role, with Deadline also recently breaking the news that Jodie Turner-Smith also is joining cast. Leslye Headland tapped as the series director, writer, exec producer and showrunner. Headland has been very hands-on with Lucasfilm execs including President Kathleen Kennedy in putting together a diverse, A-list ensemble, and with Steinberg, Turner-Smith and now Lee, it looks to be headed in that direction.

Details about Lee’s character are being kept under wraps. Lucasfilm could not be reached for comment on the casting."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom