New Fastpass Scanners

mickEblu

Even if you are using MaxPass you are making the park experience worse FastPass is a key component to Disney’s desire to not build attractions (because Paul Pressler didn’t understand why people are so focused on them) and drive down attractions per guest per hour. The parks were designed with the intent of people being in queue and not FastPass is nothing more than a con that gets people to accept being crowded and doing less.

I agree that Fastpass/ MaxPass makes the park experience worse overall but I don’t think the intent was to drive attractions down but to Increase time guests spend in stores etc. by lowering the amount of time they spent in the Queues. The price we pay is more crowded walkways but not fewer attractions necessarily.

I think time saved waiting for the E tickets using fastpass more then makes up for the wait time increases on the smaller non fastpass rides.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I agree that Fastpass/ MaxPass makes the park experience worse but I don’t think the intent was to drive attractions down but to Increase time guests spend in stores etc. by lowering the amount of time they spent in the Queues. The price we pay is more crowded walkways but not fewer attractions necessarily.

I think time saved waiting for the E tickets using fastpass more then makes up for the wait time increases on the smaller non fastpass rides.
The fewer attractions a guest does each hour also increases their time potentially in retail and dining venues. It’s the reason Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney’s California Adventure and Walt Disney Studios Park were all so light on attractions when they opened, because guests were supposed to have 7.5 experiences over the course of a day and leave not dissatisfied.

Waits could have been managed by maintaining an appropriate capacity.

GingerGirl3

I do agree with the capacity being way too high now. I took my kids for the first time in 2013 and 2014 and we didn’t go back again until 2017 and I was shocked by the crowds. All the visits were during the same time of year roughly, all during the Oct-December timeframe during weekdays with no holidays and it was so much worse in 2017. Our trip in August was so much better with MP. The only ride we couldn’t MP was POTC and we usually did it in the morning before it got crowded easily but it went down a few times and the wait was crazy. I should count PP as a ride I wish we could MP because it’s not worth even trying with it’s crazy line.

I’m definitely new at Disney politics which is why I’m trying to understand the disdain for MP. To me it’s much better not to wait in line and have all that time for other things.

McPhoenix

2017 was the most crowded year I've seen Disney. 2018 is actually incredibly light. I've had a pass since 2015 and go frequently. You can blame 2017s crowd on the "Southern California" pass which Disneyland thankfully discontinued. The park is awesome now.

On a July Sunday I had the lowest waits I've ever seen at DL, including 10 mintues for Indiana Jones and Space Mountain throughout the day.

The 4 most crowded days I've been to Disneyland in the last ten years were all in 2018. It partly depends on when exactly you go - we didn't go at all in July and it sounds like that month was unusually light.

beachlover4444

The 4 most crowded days I've been to Disneyland in the last ten years were all in 2018. It partly depends on when exactly you go - we didn't go at all in July and it sounds like that month was unusually light.
Well we are going in January 2019 for the first time middle of the month middle of the week. Any ideas or opinions on crowds that time of year. We tried to go post holiday to make it better.

Rich T

I’m trying to understand the disdain for MP. To me it’s much better not to wait in line and have all that time for other things.
From an old-timer: I resent having my phone become a required part of a decent DL experience. Yuck. Back in the pre-FP days, the lines moved faster and everyone felt they were being treated equally. There were no visible "tiers" of rider privilege. If you really wanted to ride the E tickets with no wait, you arrived early and/or stayed late. Everything was simple and sensible.

THAT SAID... I had the best of both worlds on my recent visit. My awesome nephew is a Maxpass expert, loves using the system, and had my group going from great ride to great ride with almost no wait all day, and I didn't have to look at my own phone at all after I linked my account. Can't complain about that. It even provided a bit of comedy when Mission Breakout broke down and the system apologized and informed us our MB passes had been canceled and replaced by passes for Goofy's Sky School.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
From an old-timer: I resent having my phone become a required part of a decent DL experience. Yuck. Back in the pre-FP days, the lines moved faster and everyone felt they were being treated equally. There were no visible "tiers" of rider privilege. If you really wanted to ride the E tickets with no wait, you arrived early and/or stayed late. Everything was simple and sensible.

THAT SAID... I had the best of both worlds on my recent visit. My awesome nephew is a Maxpass expert, loves using the system, and had my group going from great ride to great ride with almost no wait all day, and I didn't have to look at my own phone at all after I linked my account. Can't complain about that. It even provided a bit of comedy when Mission Breakout broke down and the system apologized and informed us our MB passes had been canceled and replaced by passes for Goofy's Sky School.

We you know that crowd levels are different than 1955, just like you used to be able to get a Coke for $.05 back then.....:p:p:p:p

I kid, I kid!

Rich T

We you know that crowd levels are different than 1955, just like you used to be able to get a Coke for $.05 back then.....:p:p:p:p

I kid, I kid!
I actually bought Fritos from this wonderful Frontierland vending machine: :D
FritoMachine.jpg

Rich T

Maybe true, but the parks were also wayyyyy less crowded too and AP culture wasn’t a thing. Don’t discount those important variables.
True-- but certain attractions were just as crowded then as now (Matterhorn, Autopia, Dumbo and Toad come to mind. Peter Pan was always busy but NOTHING like today) and people took it all in stride. I know, times and cultures change and DL is ridiculously crowded these days. If it were up to me, I'd eliminate Fastpasses and APS, set a more sane maximum park capacity, keep the prices about where they are and offer discounted non-transferable sequential multi-day passes. Right now, it just seems like the suits are willing to keep packing more and more people into more and more congested spaces until the experience gets so unpleasant that numbers actually go down.

Phroobar

Adventure thru Inner Space was never crowded. Nether was the AT&T phone exhibit. If the Astro Obitor were back on top of the People Mover, there would be a huge crowd filling the area because of the elevator. I don't know how MK handles it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom