New Fantasmic @ DL anyone find pics yet?

Disneysue

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So I have some friends who are stock holders in Disney and in the annual report they said there was a HUGE story of the Fantasmic at DL being redone. THey said there were fold out sketch pictures and everything and it looks like it will be really cool. THEN they told me that they tossed out the report!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I didnt get to see any of these pics!! Has anyone read or heard of this? Where can I find info??

Jerm

So I have some friends who are stock holders in Disney and in the annual report they said there was a HUGE story of the Fantasmic at DL being redone. THey said there were fold out sketch pictures and everything and it looks like it will be really cool. THEN they told me that they tossed out the report!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I didnt get to see any of these pics!! Has anyone read or heard of this? Where can I find info??

It sounds like they have the WRONG info. Fantasmic! is not changing and the pic that was in the annual report, which I am sure someone will post here, is still a planning idea that is most likely for DCA. Sounds like your friends were either 1. pulling your leg or 2. just guessing at what the pictures were.

disneywy

They may have it a bit mixed up. There was an image in the annual report of the proposed nighttime show for DCA that is on the water and has elements like Fantasmic. There has always been a rumor of a Fantasmic 2.0 at DL, but no news on that front recently. The show is down for refub right now, due in part to the Pirate's Lair redo for Tom Sawyer's Island.

***Go to the Investor Relations section of the Disney website and you should be able to the annual report.

Chape19714

It is a new Water show on the drawing board for Disney's California Adventure. Fantasmic at Disneyland is currently dark for refurbishment. It will reopen soon, and is sceduled to be dark the few days surronding the premiere of Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End.

I don't know if it will be open before the event, but it WILL be open just a few days afterwards.

Disneysue

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I found the annual report online but not the pictures :cry: Who wants all that boring financial info, i want pictures man! :lol: Thanks for the heads up!

darthjohnny

Whoa! Wait a minute, I'm a stock holder, but I haven't gotten my annual report yet. What's up with that? How long ago did they send it out? :shrug:

Anyway on a side note, I've heard many people the Disneyland version of Fantasmic is better than WDW's. Can anyone who has seen both tell me what makes DL's that much better? :wave:

Nicole220

Whoa! Wait a minute, I'm a stock holder, but I haven't gotten my annual report yet. What's up with that? How long ago did they send it out? :shrug:

Anyway on a side note, I've heard many people the Disneyland version of Fantasmic is better than WDW's. Can anyone who has seen both tell me what makes DL's that much better? :wave:
I haven't seen WDW's in person but from the videos I have seen, I think it's the location and the Peter Pan segment that puts it above WDW.

And those pics are of the new lagoon show for DCA, not a new Fantasmic.

MainSt1993

I haven't gotten mine either!! :fork:

marchofthecards

The Peter Pan chapter does it for me. Where you see the Pocahontas chapter in WDW, this is Peter Pan in DL; It's dark, then all of a sudden a canon blasts and lights fall onto the ship that is sailing round. On it, Peter battles with Hook (flying around) and other Cast are on it too, Wendy, the boys, Mr. Smee etc... and then as the ship passes by you, a giant crocodile tick tocking follows! :sohappy:

From what I have learned about the WDW show, Pocahontas was never going to be a permanent resident to the show. This section of the show was to regularly change to reflect current stories/latest theatre releases etc... but proved to costly in the end. However a well loved classic and favourite of everybody's seems to work well for DL. It's also amazing how the stage, lights and effects are all hidden away, and come out just for the show as DL does not have the theatre seating like WDW has.

Nicole220

The Peter Pan chapter does it for me. Where you see the Pocahontas chapter in WDW, this is Peter Pan in DL; It's dark, then all of a sudden a canon blasts and lights fall onto the ship that is sailing round. On it, Peter battles with Hook (flying around) and other Cast are on it too, Wendy, the boys, Mr. Smee etc... and then as the ship passes by you, a giant crocodile tick tocking follows! :sohappy:

From what I have learned about the WDW show, Pocahontas was never going to be a permanent resident to the show. This section of the show was to regularly change to reflect current stories/latest theatre releases etc... but proved to costly in the end. However a well loved classic and favourite of everybody's seems to work well for DL. It's also amazing how the stage, lights and effects are all hidden away, and come out just for the show as DL does not have the theatre seating like WDW has.
The canon is so loud and comes out of no where! It scares the crap out of me and everyone else!

It's all quiet, then all of a sudden...........BOOM!!!! :eek: <-me

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom