New Evolv AI security scanners & bag-check procedures implemented at the parks

TrainsOfDisney

But someone who continually posts that they get hassled 95% of the time might want examine how they approach the thing, their demeanor, their aura whatever. that's all
If you are referring to me I never said I got hassled 95% of the time, I said I was “randomly selected” 95% of the time.

LovePop

Can anybody tell me if this new Evolv technology is still being used in the parks, especially Magic Kingdom? I can't find the info anywhere.

MarvelCharacterNerd

And yet - at DTD in Anaheim, the security folks are still rooting around in your bags touching all of your possessions right after doing the same to thousands of others. Which I never loved in the best of times, but now during the pandemic??? WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THESE SCANNERS TOO?????? #askingforafriend

drizgirl

And yet - at DTD in Anaheim, the security folks are still rooting around in your bags touching all of your possessions right after doing the same to thousands of others. Which I never loved in the best of times, but now during the pandemic??? WHY CAN'T WE HAVE THESE SCANNERS TOO?????? #askingforafriend
Because DTD doesn't have the revenue stream back from park tickets?

drizgirl

So they can't afford three or four scanners at DTD's entrance? 🤔

I can't personally understand how spreading germs between thousands of guests by cross-contaminating their belongings is the best/only option at this time... when WDW gets the scanners.
You need to learn to think like a corporate accountant. Doesn't matter if they can "afford" it. I'm sure they feel the need to see if it will pay for itself. They probably justified the WDW machines with how many CM hours of work could be eliminated. Every bean must be accounted for.

MarvelCharacterNerd

You need to learn to think like a corporate accountant. Doesn't matter if they can "afford" it. I'm sure they feel the need to see if it will pay for itself. They probably justified the WDW machines with how many CM hours of work could be eliminated. Every bean must be accounted for.
And that's why I am not an accountant. lol

MarvelCharacterNerd

Oh that’s very strange. Maybe they are in the budget to be added when the parks reopen?

“Curiouser and Curioiser”
That's my hope, but since they apparently have them, tested them, and per WDW they work - WHY aren't they using them already???

I know... accounting. :D

But in the meantime... my stuff has cooties and potentially COVID all over it after each visit. :(

flutas

That's my hope, but since they apparently have them, tested them, and per WDW they work - WHY aren't they using them already???

I know... accounting. :D

But in the meantime... my stuff has cooties and potentially COVID all over it after each visit. :(

Worst part was during the test it went

Temp Check -> Dog Screen -> Evolve screen -> Bag check (where they still did everything they normally do.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom