New Evolv AI security scanners & bag-check procedures implemented at the parks

wedenterprises

Neat technology.

I do miss the days when there were not scanners and bag checks, though. I try to explain to my girlfriend, who did not visit Disney until after 9/11 and therefore has no memories of life before bag checks at the parks, what it was like at a time when you could just walk up the gate and get in. She can’t even imagine.

Oh well.
we were there for 9/11, and experienced the before and after. crazy.

Mike730

Original Poster
Multiple sites, including WDWMAGIC , are reporting that Epcot Main Entrance has these scanners as of this morning. OP updated to include this.

New Evolv Scanners in use at:
-Epcot International Gateway (Installed Early July)
-Animal Kingdom (Installed Early July)
-Hollywood Studios (Installed Early August)
-Epcot Main Entrance (Installed Mid October) EDIT, source

Old-style Metal Detectors in use at:
-Magic Kingdom
-Monorail Resorts
source

Last edited:

NelleBelle

Does anyone know about going through these with implanted medical devices?? My mom has a pacemaker and I have an insulin pump and implanted continuous glucose monitor that neither of us can go through X-ray or body scanners (makes for good times with TSA at the airport 🙄). When I go to DLR, I bypass the x-ray and security does a pat-down and I indicate where my devices are implanted. I tried looking these devices up on the Evolv website and found NADA and my search other searches didn't turn up anything either.

GimpYancIent

Does anyone know about going through these with implanted medical devices?? My mom has a pacemaker and I have an insulin pump and implanted continuous glucose monitor that neither of us can go through X-ray or body scanners (makes for good times with TSA at the airport 🙄). When I go to DLR, I bypass the x-ray and security does a pat-down and I indicate where my devices are implanted. I tried looking these devices up on the Evolv website and found NADA and my search other searches didn't turn up anything either.
Fair point!

Magic Feather

A reported perk of the new system is that, when going through any bags that set off the machine, instead of checking the whole bag, security is “on a mission” to find the thing that set it off, which is approximated on the tablets.
For instance, if someone comes through with a full backpack and a laptop inside sets off the detector, then, once the security check sees the laptop and verified that that set it off, it clears the bag.

TrainsOfDisney

A reported perk of the new system is that, when going through any bags that set off the machine, instead of checking the whole bag, security is “on a mission” to find the thing that set it off, which is approximated on the tablets.
For instance, if someone comes through with a full backpack and a laptop inside sets off the detector, then, once the security check sees the laptop and verified that that set it off, it clears the bag.
This seems like a bigger issue to me than Mickey bloggers taking photos of the new setup but what do I know!

pixie225

I would love to know the answer to this also. I have a pacemaker and can't go through the standard detectors at many places. I actually looked at the Evolv website and can't find any info.

LastoneOn

They might have some warning signs up for that when you get there.

NelleBelle

Most X-rays I’ve seen don’t have warning signs. For my continuous glucose monitor and insulin pump and my mom’s pacemaker we were informed by the product reps who were doing the education/teaching of the product and by our physicians. I even have a card I carry. I may end up sending my product rep and endocrinologist an email to see what they’ve heard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom