New Everest Article

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
WDWScottieBoy said:
For now. Once animal activists or whatever find out, Disney will get sued yet again and will have to change it. :brick:

Are you basing this on the article? or something you have been told? I would doubt they are using real furs on an AA.

1disneydood

Real furs will not last forever in that mountain. Bugs, moisture, dust, etc. will take toll. Besides, how can Disney get sued for real fur? And how can activists prove it uses real fur? Will they be allowed to inspect it? How about WDW learn to say "no, you can't inspect it, Disney personel only".

DisneyMissy

I must say I am upset to hear that they are using some real animal fur for the Yeti. I am not going to boycott Disney or anything by all means but this doesn't sit well with me. Of course, I am still hoping I can ride this on my next trip :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
DisneyMissy said:
I must say I am upset to hear that they are using some real animal fur for the Yeti. I am not going to boycott Disney or anything by all means but this doesn't sit well with me. Of course, I am still hoping I can ride this on my next trip :)

Dont be upset over something that we arent sure is correct. Articles in magazines, newspapers, TV, radio, and ther web, often get things wrong, as I am sure you know. :)

To me it sounds very unlikely they would be using animal fur, just from a technical point of view, never mind the fact this animatromonic is in a park based around the message of humans existing with animals.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
slipknottin said:
Wont open till april? What nonsense. Id say the end of january to the end of feb. At least it better be open in march.

They are referring to the official opening, not the previews and soft opening period. You will never see news articles talking about soft openings, as they are not guaranteed.

Tim G

slipknottin said:
Wont open till april? What nonsense. Id say the end of january to the end of feb. At least it better be open in march.
Gladly... it's not up to you to decide...

peter11435

WDWScottieBoy said:
For now. Once animal activists or whatever find out, Disney will get sued yet again and will have to change it. :brick:
They could protest or boycott, but they can't sue Disney for something like that.

Tim G

chrisfarman said:
'The Everest ride is the first in any Disney park in which a roller coaster travels backward.'

That's wrong.......Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril used to go backwards at Disneyland Paris.
Indeed... but ALL the way backwords...

Not forward AND backward...

juan

SpongeScott said:
Seeing how this was an article in today's St. Petersburg Times, you would hope his information would be accurate.

But I wouldn't call it official.

This information is quite credible and should be considered as official

On a side note:
look for something exclusive and BIG in 3 weeks
:zipit: :lookaroun

t3techcom18

Hey everyone!! Long tiem no talk!! Man, EE looks absolutely great, and I have to say, MKT, WDWScott, and the other guy on here, you three have done an absolute GREAT GREAT job on telling us everything new, even for the sake taking pics of garlic strands and chili peppers or garlic leaves or moving rocks, lol. All of it counts, and your great pics and reports are great, and I just wanted to thank you for that. It's an awesome job, heck, you even saw Joe Rhode! That is awesome. Congrats to the three of yas and to anyone else who contributes!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :D

Juan- btw, is the thing you're mentioning...is that the website for EE?? Because if it is, omg, I'm expecting a lot of good things, LOL, better be good or else the marketing thing would be a bit plundered, lol. I want to see if they have an interactive experience thing, and, even if it's high in quality, like this website, I know it's gunna be awesome. (The website I'm talking about is www.oceanicflight815.com, official interactive website for the TV show Lost). I got a great feeling that the next months leading to April...are gunna be great!:cool:

DisneyDellsDude

If they did use real animal fur (which I doubt they did) it's not like they went out to kill an animal just to smack the fur on the yeti. They would have got it from an animal that died of natural causes. Again, I'm not even sure if that is true.:wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
"Real Fur" as mentioned might not be what you're thinking.

First off, animal hair doesn't have to be taken from an animal by skinning it. Much like how we use feathers to decorate - just some naked birdie out there.

Second, with a character like the yeti, I assume there's be extensive wig-shop action on the project. Wig shop people (I want to call them millners but I know those people make hats - anyone know the term?) will sew/weave the hair onto an animal. This hair can be synthetic, human, animal, what have you. But typically it's the individual hair applied and attached, various methods depending on the project of course. 1 hair at a time is typical though.

The yeti very well could have wooly yak fur - but it probably doesn't have any yak-skin attached.

Tim G

slipknottin said:
:veryconfu Gladly whats not up to me to decide? Its not up to the author of the article either.
Just to bounce back your way of talking...
slipknottin said:
The words of the author were based on an interview...
So it's no nonsense... april is quite credible...

January / february ??? In your dreams!!!

So... we're very glad it's not up to you to decide when to open E:E

slipknottin

Corrus said:
January / february ??? In your dreams!!!

So... we're very glad it's not up to you to decide when to open E:E

I still have no idea what your talking about. You dont want it to open before April? Why is it you want it closed during jan/feb/mar?

Tim G

slipknottin said:
I still have no idea what your talking about. You dont want it to open before April? Why is it you want it closed during jan/feb/mar?
In that case... forget it... never mind... I give up... :snore:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
slipknottin said:

The OFFICIAL opening is in April. There will be TESTING beginning some time before that, perhaps January, but February and March for sure.

I hope that's simple enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom