new epcot rennovations

disney206313

Original Poster
I heard something a while ago about changes being made to epcot. Something about the entrance to the park. More of like a mainstreet or something. Can anyone shed any details on what is going to happen in the future with epcot?

zooey

Do you mean something literally similar to Main Street? Because I can assure you that isn't happening. There were rumors awhile back about Epcot's Leave a Legacy stones being removed for a redesigned entrance plaza, because of the Spaceship earth legs being repainted. As far as I know, no new information came out about any entrance work.

Epcot definetly needs a more defined entrance, the way Mainstreet is for the MK. I have no idea what that would involve though since Epcot sort of struggles with it's identity, it's harder to come up with a permanent theme.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Epcot definetly needs a more defined entrance, the way Mainstreet is for the MK. I have no idea what that would involve though since Epcot sort of struggles with it's identity, it's harder to come up with a permanent theme.

Yeah, when Epcot first opened the Communicore (now Innoventions) buildings were thought to the the way people would enter the park, but I don't know if the guests ever really did "flow" that way as they entered.

I don't doubt there will be changes soon (removing the tombstones for example) but not sure about anything more significant than that

disney206313

Original Poster
Sorry I ment hollywood studious in the first place, and no not a literal main street like MK, but something to do with hollywood. Although I agree Epcot needs a more defined opening area as well.

RAXIP

Sorry I meant hollywood studios in the first place, and no not a literal main street like MK, but something to do with hollywood. Although I agree Epcot needs a more defined opening area as well.

Hollywood Studios already has a "Main Street", Hollywood Boulevard. Perhaps you are thinking of Buena Vista Street at California Adventure?

Prototype82

What if...they gutted the leave a legacy slabs, and on the sides (out of the walkway space) They created an epic walk-through exhibition made of steel and glass, brilliantly lit with blue and white LED lighting at night. Winning.

ryanduggers

What if...they gutted the leave a legacy slabs, and on the sides (out of the walkway space) They created an epic walk-through exhibition made of steel and glass, brilliantly lit with blue and white LED lighting at night. Winning.

:fork: Please don't reference that stupid drug-crazed loser on these boards :fork:

Skipper Dan

:fork: Please don't reference that stupid drug-crazed loser on these boards :fork:

Open you're eyes. It's an act. Simple minded, if you think otherwise.

Side note, I'm definitely NOT, pro-Sheen, just tossin' in my two cooper-pieces-of-American money. Winning. :cool:

"I GOT TIGER BLOOD! DINOSAUR DNA!" :ROFLOL:

Disneyfan1981

I'd love to see the "T" aspect of EPCOT's name be more fully realized but then again I want the same for the other "Tomorrows" including both lands in Magic Kingdom and Disneyland. Future World itself needs a huge shot in the arm but I'm sure making the lands of Tomorrow more futuristic are fairly low on the lists unfortunately.

ryno1982

As another poster said, you're most likely thinking of Buena Vista Street, which is the renovated, more Main Street-like entrance they are building at Disney California Adventure.

zooey

Sorry I ment hollywood studious in the first place, and no not a literal main street like MK, but something to do with hollywood. Although I agree Epcot needs a more defined opening area as well.

How did you get so many parks mixed up? They're on the opposite side of the country even. You must be thinking of California Adventure, as others have said.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I heard something a while ago about changes being made to epcot. Something about the entrance to the park. More of like a mainstreet or something. Can anyone shed any details on what is going to happen in the future with epcot?

Perhaps move the leave a legacy stones somewhere else in epcot (opened with the park, keep the small original details! Then keep the flower area in the middle and have some big fountains around it... no not the kind where kids play in it, the kind similar to the fountain in the heart of Epcot :)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

....:lol::lol::lol::lol::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::lol::lol::lol::lol:

maxairmike

The only thing that would truly be "winning" would be if they reopened WoL and featured Adonis DNA as the strand for the entrance sign. ;)

DarthGrady

Rumors are that they will be changing it back to a pre-LAL layout. Most of it centers around them trying to get the park into better shape for it's 30th birthday next year.

EPCOT had a fine entrance until they crapped it up with tombstones and Mickey wands. Getting rid of them and restoring the entrance fountain would be steps in the right direction.

UrbanDonovan

Perhaps move the leave a legacy stones somewhere else in epcot (opened with the park, keep the small original details! Then keep the flower area in the middle and have some big fountains around it... no not the kind where kids play in it, the kind similar to the fountain in the heart of Epcot :)

Leave a Legacy didn't open with the park.

Skooterkid

I definitely agree with moving the Leave a Legacy stones elsewhere rather than getting rid of them all together. That wouldn't be much of a legacy for the people who paid to have their faces on there for eternity! ..or alternatively they could chop the stones up and make some more Piece of Disney History pins out of them? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom