New Epcot exhibit demonstrates the magic of plastics

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Greetings all from the Geek Labs

Epcot recently opened its newest Innoventions exhibit, "Fantastic Plastics Works," sponsored by The Society of the Plastics Industry, Inc., during a ribbon-cutting ceremony.

During the ceremony, Epcot Vice President Brad Rex, Walt Disney World Ambassador Christopher Stewart, The Society of the Plastics Industry President Don Duncan, DuPont Engineering Polymers Vice President and General Manager Terry Caloghiris, and GE Advanced Materials Vice President and General Manager Tim O'Brien spoke to Cast Members and Guests about the importance of plastics.

The new "Fantastic Plastics Works" exhibit is a 5,000-square-foot interactive plastics showcase featuring three areas -- "Magic of Plastics," "Design Studio" and "Create Zone."

The "Magic of Plastics" area features kiosks that demonstrate the production process of different types of plastic.

In the "Design Studio," Guests can virtually design a plastic robot that will compete with other Guests' robots in a plastic robot Olympics.

In the "Create Zone," Guests can watch injection molded plastic machines form robot parts, which they can use to assemble their own take-home robots.

PhotoDave219

Warning, the design studio is not for the faint of heart. It actually involves a race, running and the guest should be in good health. I swear i had more trouble with this attraction than mission:space.

General Grizz

PhotoDave219 said:
Warning, the design studio is not for the faint of heart. It actually involves a race, running and the guest should be in good health. I swear i had more trouble with this attraction than mission:space.
Agreed. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom