New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
After they finish raising the swine and cattle that will be in the casings and baking the buns.
At this rate they might as well also be growing the trees for the lumber to build it.

All I want are delicious fried hot dogs Disney! Why are you torturing me???

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Don’t even get me started on that. There had to be less than a dozen people working on the Communicore Beer Hall this morning.

That's still more than have appeared in the photos of the construction in the former Rose Walk area. I have yet to see a worker photographed in that construction site. I'll be on the lookout for them myself soon enough.

monothingie

Premium Member
That's still more than have appeared in the photos of the construction in the former Rose Walk area. I have yet to see a worker photographed in that construction site. I'll be on the lookout for them myself soon enough.
Maybe a lot happens at night? I hope so?

Smiley/OCD

At this rate they might as well also be growing the trees for the lumber to build it.

All I want are delicious fried hot dogs Disney! Why are you torturing me???

Attachments

• IMG_5548.jpeg
    IMG_5548.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5549.jpeg
    IMG_5549.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 57

monothingie

Premium Member
It’s the same two who are working on Cake Bake. This gets Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Cake Bake gets Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. God and tacos get Sunday.
It’s honestly confounding. With the resorts work they can’t do any overnight work, so it becomes a money issue, or a PM issue, or a supply chain issue, or all of the above.

Contractors want to get paid as quickly as possible by finishing the job as quickly as possible. So there is no incentive not to get it done, unless Disney is terrible with progress payments.

If I had to guess it’s a supply chain issue. The component on the hot dog stand is a specialized. VFD hood fan. My guess is that it was on back order.

I’m sure the same applies for many of the fixtures and special items for the cake shop and the Communicore Beer Hall. And no one is going to pay workers to sit around and do nothing…

Again all speculation.

mattpeto

It’s honestly confounding. With the resorts work they can’t do any overnight work, so it becomes a money issue, or a PM issue, or a supply chain issue, or all of the above.

Contractors want to get paid as quickly as possible by finishing the job as quickly as possible. So there is no incentive not to get it done, unless Disney is terrible with progress payments.

If I had to guess it’s a supply chain issue. The component on the hot dog stand is a specialized. VFD hood fan. My guess is that it was on back order.

I’m sure the same applies for many of the fixtures and special items for the cake shop and the Communicore Beer Hall. And no one is going to pay workers to sit around and do nothing…

Again all speculation.
I poke fun like all of you, but I don't think Disney has much to do with the Cake Bake Shop and likely the Blue Ribbon stand lack of progress. You can see when they are motivated (TBA) and when they are not (Tron/Remys)

I think the Cake Bake Shop was waiting for their baking/distribution center to be complete first.

Bocabear

Maybe....just maybe, they should have waited to make the press announcement of the Cake Bake shop even coming to the Boardwalk until she broke ground on her distribution center... Most of the negative comments could be avoided by not doing press releases years before something is complete... The Corn Dog booth did not need to be mentioned at all until opening day... Cake Bake Shop should have just been built at Disney Springs and they should have brought in a restaurant that did not depend on multiple puzzle pieces in place in order to open... I would have been happy with a Portillos at the boardwalk instead....

Ayla

I poke fun like all of you, but I don't think Disney has much to do with the Cake Bake Shop and likely the Blue Ribbon stand lack of progress. You can see when they are motivated (TBA) and when they are not (Tron/Remys)

I think the Cake Bake Shop was waiting for their baking/distribution center to be complete first.
It's finished.

monothingie

Premium Member

Perhaps, but when you have a very visible public portion of one of your top Deluxe Resorts appearing as a perpetual and ugly construction site, it takes away from the image Disney wants to create for guests. You'll note that the massive DVC refurb at The Boardwalk Villas is going at breakneck speed. There are construction workers almost everywhere on an extremely busy job site.

Additionally, unless Disney is waiving which I'm sure are very expensive monthly lease payments, the sheer cost alone of keeping the Cake Box a construction zone are likely staggering.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
You can see when they are motivated (TBA) and when they are not (Tron/Remys)
Funny enough there’s motivation for the longer timelines too. Ratatouille sat completed and ready to go for months, and TRON gave them financial breaks during COVID.

I don’t think motivation is the issue. Intention is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom