New Early morning Studios upcharge event

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
oh I know...it was sarcasm. I'm so sick of up-charge events.
Why?

If you don't like them, don't pay for them.

I could understand having an issue if an event like this closed an attraction early or made it's opening later in the day, but the most this event might do is slightly increase the opening wait time of an attraction most people here would use a fastpass for or does not have that long on a line to begin with.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Why?

I could understand having an issue if an event like this closed an attraction early or made it's opening later in the day, but the most this event might do is slightly increase the opening wait time of an attraction most people here would use a fastpass for or does not have that long on a line to begin with.

Why? because I'm sick of Disney nickel-and-diming guests with up-charge events but Wal-marting other things like dining. Yes, I know you don't HAVE to participate in these things but people are paying for these events which is why they keep adding them. I'm not stupid enough to pay for up-charge events. I'll take advantage of EMH while it's still free and available...for now.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Why? because I'm sick of Disney nickel-and-diming guests with up-charge events but Wal-marting other things like dining. Yes, people are paying for these events which is why they keep adding them but why? I'm not stupid enough to pay for up-charge events. I'll take advantage of EMH while it's still free and available...for now.
Adding a previously unavailable product is not nickel and diming guests.

Charging for items that were at one time included in the price of admission is. (eg if Disney began charging for fastpass).

Why do they keep adding them? You answered your own question...people show that they want them by buying them. It is the same reason Apple puts out a new iPhone every year...people line up with their checkbooks wide open every time they do.

HRHPrincessAriel

Why?

These are my thoughts!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Why? because I'm sick of Disney nickel-and-diming guests with up-charge events but Wal-marting other things like dining.

As pointed out, no one is forcing you to buy anything, if you don't perceive the value proposition spend your money elsewhere. If perchance you are trying to protest "free dining" and its impact on the availability for ADRs, well the capacity hasn't changed, just the availability is impacted by more people using those seats.

DisneyJoe

dreamfinder

$69 for basically 1 hour of early access, and then another hour to stuff oneself at breakfast? Assuming we are generous at $30 for the food, $39 for maybe 2 trips on TSMM, a hustle across the park for a quick pic with Olaf, and then maybe 2 rides on Star Tours before the park opens to the masses. Seems a bit pricey.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Jon81uk

Value is relative to the individual consumer. Just because this event has no value for you or I does not mean it does not have value for someone else. Since this made it past the test period it would appear that it does have value to enough guests.

I did state I saw the value at the Magic Kingdom event and indeed that one has made it past the test period, as the early access to Fantasyland is worthwhile.

However at DHS where the event hasn't been test yet, the attractions in question don't have as longer wait and it feels like a worse value than the MK morning.

Jon81uk

Adding a previously unavailable product is not nickel and diming guests.

Charging for items that were at one time included in the price of admission is. (eg if Disney began charging for fastpass).

Why do they keep adding them? You answered your own question...people show that they want them by buying them. It is the same reason Apple puts out a new iPhone every year...people line up with their checkbooks wide open every time they do.

Indeed and the reason Disney have been trying to offer extra morning and evening events is because they know they couldn't get away with charging for FastPass. At least by adding extra time before park opening and without removing existing EMH it doesn't impact anyone who doesn't pay.

asianway

Original Poster
Why? because I'm sick of Disney nickel-and-diming guests with up-charge events but Wal-marting other things like dining. Yes, I know you don't HAVE to participate in these things but people are paying for these events which is why they keep adding them. I'm not stupid enough to pay for up-charge events. I'll take advantage of EMH while it's still free and available...for now.
I love upcharge events - when they are done well. On the order of the old Disneyana Conventions, Happy Haunt Balls, or even E ticket nights.

$100 cupcake parties? Anyone who buys is part of the problem

Bolt

People also seem to forget that Disney has a huge convention operation outside of park hours. This is essentially a convention that they are allowing guests to buy into. Trust me, there are Guests in the parks after park close more often than these events (and those cost even more for corporations).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
People also seem to forget that Disney has a huge convention operation outside of park hours. This is essentially a convention that they are allowing guests to buy into. Trust me, there are Guests in the parks after park close more often than these events (and those cost even more for corporations).
Quite true. I have been to several myself at both Disney, Universal and even SeaWorld.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom