New E-Tickets for Disneyland?

TP2000

Here's a concept for a possible new ride along the Rivers of America and Frontierland. Its tentative title seems to be "Cascade Gorge". Link

That's the old concept for a Tower of Terror ride system themed to Frontierland and geysers. It was a proposal for Disneyland in the early 2000's, to be placed on the former location of Cascade Peak along the Rivers of America. But it was quickly abandoned when DCA opened in '01 and fell flat on its face and they fast-tracked Tower of Terror into that park for '04.

That Frontierland thrill ride is an old concept that has long since been forgotten, and is not currently being considered for Disneyland's Frontierland expansion concept. You don't need two Tower of Terror experiences within a 10 minute walk of each other, no matter how different the themes are.

Nice to see the old models again though, thanks for the link! I'd forgotten about that rumored old attraction. It was causing quite an Internet buzz amongst Disneyland fans around 2000-2002.

SeaCastle

Thanks for the info, TP2000! I was wondering what kind of ride it was. Do you know what attractions are being considered for the area? I'm increasingly finding myself reading DL project trackers and boards, DLR seems to have a bright future. :wave:

nemofinder22

On the eve of DCA's Grand Reopening, I can't help but notice the increasing number of times I read the "WDW News and Rumors" section and notice that DL seems to be in the midst of getting some more attractions by time Harry Potter opens at Uni Hollywood.

There kinda burried in other threads but I thought it would be useful for in this thread so no one misses the info.

It doesn't matter much what Rasulo says publically ... his is on the line and Wall Street doesn't want to hear about any more spending in P&R (a business they seem to hate ... guess the bankers' mommies and daddies never took them to theme parks as kids!). They don't seem to realize that WDW is a stale resort with 40-year-old infrastructure that really hasn't been maintained since the mid 90s.

But DL IS getting one major addition in time for its 60th (and possibly two) and one possibility is a shocking humdinger. :)
If I could, then I would.

But think Tomorrowland and Frontierland. One related to a franchise, one not.
One designed by Tony Baxter. The other not. Both would likely eat up a dining locale as well.

That's about as much as I can say.

Except...
Disneyland has two major attractions being fast tracked through development, and a very major project in the early stages for elsewhere at the resort. (The two Disneyland attractions to be ready to counter USH's Potter.)

Currently in development for WDW?
Avatar (maybe) for 2016 or later. (Meaning Iger won't be around by the time it opens.)
A makeover for parts of DTD.
Multiple DVC projects.

(I didn't include NextGen because that is more for Disney's benefit than for guests.)

I hope 74 and Lee don't mind me quoting them here but it's some great DLR info that shouldn't be forgotten. Plus there's more with in those thread but I kinda don't feel like reading through them again lol.

Californian Elitist

On the eve of DCA's Grand Reopening, I can't help but notice the increasing number of times I read the "WDW News and Rumors" section and notice that DL seems to be in the midst of getting some more attractions by time Harry Potter opens at Uni Hollywood.

There kinda burried in other threads but I thought it would be useful for in this thread so no one misses the info.

I hope 74 and Lee don't mind me quoting them here but it's some great DLR info that shouldn't be forgotten. Plus there's more with in those thread but I kinda don't feel like reading through them again lol.

I'm dying to know what it is Disneyland may be planning for us. Nemo, do you have any ideas as to what we may be getting?

Cosmic Commando

I'm thinking the franchise has to be Avengers in Tomorrowland. It's the best place for it at DLR, even though a lot of people will probably definitely complain. It's just too huge to ignore, and DLR is the only place in the US Disney can use it. The movie made soooo much money, Iger wants to continue to justify the purchase, and superheros move merch. With Lee saying that a dining spot would be gone in both places, I'd bet anything that it's the Innoventions building and Redd Rocket's Pizza Port. Just eyeballing it on Wikimapia, that plot is slightly smaller or roughly the same size than/as the Pirates show building.

As for Frontierland, there is a LOT of room back there, depending on what they take. The dining spot that would be gone? Are we counting the Big Thunder BBQ area? What would go here? Well, they say old ideas never die, and with Tony Baxter at the controls, maybe we'd get Discovery Bay finally? Wasn't it proposed for this same area thirty years ago? I did some rough measuring for some (very off-topic) discussion in another thread and I think the plot here could be about 10 acres; Carsland is 12 acres.

But what the heck was this other thing outside the parks that Lee was talking about? He said it wasn't exciting, so I thought parking garage. Then I thought that that wasn't even exciting enough to tease, so maybe we'll be getting a big Peoplemover system as part of a resort transportation overhaul?

Californian Elitist

I'm thinking the franchise has to be Avengers in Tomorrowland. It's the best place for it at DLR, even though a lot of people will probably definitely complain. It's just too huge to ignore, and DLR is the only place in the US Disney can use it. The movie made soooo much money, Iger wants to continue to justify the purchase, and superheros move merch. With Lee saying that a dining spot would be gone in both places, I'd bet anything that it's the Innoventions building and Redd Rocket's Pizza Port. Just eyeballing it on Wikimapia, that plot is slightly smaller or roughly the same size than/as the Pirates show building.

As for Frontierland, there is a LOT of room back there, depending on what they take. The dining spot that would be gone? Are we counting the Big Thunder BBQ area? What would go here? Well, they say old ideas never die, and with Tony Baxter at the controls, maybe we'd get Discovery Bay finally? Wasn't it proposed for this same area thirty years ago? I did some rough measuring for some (very off-topic) discussion in another thread and I think the plot here could be about 10 acres; Carsland is 12 acres.

But what the heck was this other thing outside the parks that Lee was talking about? He said it wasn't exciting, so I thought parking garage. Then I thought that that wasn't even exciting enough to tease, so maybe we'll be getting a big Peoplemover system as part of a resort transportation overhaul?

That rumor that Innoventions is going to be turned into Stark Expo is still going around. I kind of doubt that will happen. There were also ideas of the third park, if we even got one, to be Marvel themed.

I can definitely see Redd Rockets going bye bye. All the people I know who work there transferred to Cars Land. Suspicious, I say.

I don't even need to mention Frontierland, there is space behind it. What they'll do with it, I don't know. Discovery Bay would be awesome and I haven't heard anything about Thunder Ranch BBQ going anywhere.

I'm confused about that other thing Lee was talking about too. I have no clue what it is. It's big, yet it's nothing to get excited about?:confused: Hhhhmmm. I wouldn't be surprised if the Peoplemover came back. The track is still there even.

nemofinder22

I'm dying to know what it is Disneyland may be planning for us. Nemo, do you have any ideas as to what we may be getting?

I wish I did but I just post things that are news worthy.

Can't even imagine the endless amounts of "Mavel/Avengers in Tomorrowland=Epic Fail" threads:D Agreed about Innoventions and Redd's being kicked out. I can't believe Innoventions is still a thing, it does offer nice views of TL/Matterhorn though.

Defiantly a lot of room in the Ranch area it seems so wasteful just sitting there at least it's in use this summer. I'd love to see Discovery Bay built but I would also love to see what else they have. Might as well rip everything out lol, 10 acres is pretty big and if we get more lands on the scale of BVS and Cars Land it will be welcome by me. Please no playgrounds! :p

I thought the same thing about a parking garage but not exciting. I think I know!!!!! A DVC addition to the Grand Flo, Fort, Poly, Grand Cal, DL Hotel, and will included extended Monorail service to, DHS, DAK, DTD, DCA and a final stop at the legendary 5th, 3rd park!!!! :cool::D

TP2000

Holy heck! I spend too much time on these forums but I hadn't seen that in the threads over on the WDW section!

Thank you very much nemofinder22 for taking the time to quarantine them and bring them over here for further review. It's a stunning thing to think about, after all that has just happened at DCA in the last four years.

nemofinder22

Holy heck! I spend too much time on these forums but I hadn't seen that in the threads over on the WDW section!

Thank you very much nemofinder22 for taking the time to quarantine them and bring them over here for further review. It's a stunning thing to think about, after all that has just happened at DCA in the last four years.

Not a problem it's very interesting to read. The threads are moving really fast but seem to get skipped over.

Another quote worthy post.

From the DCA Setting Records and WDW, in the WDW news and rumors section.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/dca-setting-records-and-wdw.839528/page-10
How about a few hundred million dollars worth of E-tix for Disneyland? How would that impact it?
And both with the support of your pal Skipper John....

Oh...and that third gate that is in early development...

The last part is really interesting...o_O

nemofinder22

To keep this updated,

Tony Baxter dropped a hint of some kind back at Destination D.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/interesting-hint-from-tony-baxter.844719/

Al Lutz mentioned this today,
http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al091812a.htm
The new alley would also ease the flow of the crowds moving to and from the reinvigorated DCA, and it’s the increasing chances of getting green lights for major Disneyland expansion in the years ahead that has TDA now on the bandwagon as well. We’ve mentioned the Tomorrowland and Frontierland plots before, with a third major plot just to the north of Critter Country and tying in to the Frontierland expansion plot that is now joining the shortlist of potential expansion areas.
With TDA attempting to get Disneyland attendance and overall capacity towards the 18 Million per year mark later this decade, and with DCA now heading towards the 10 Million yearly attendance mark faster than anyone thought possible, there will be a need to move large crowds of people past the chokepoint that is Main Street USA on any average evening at fireworks time.

Cosmic Commando

Any info on the Critter Country plot? I had never heard it mentioned before, so I looked on Wikimapia north of Critter Country. The empty land to the north sits right on top of the RR tracks and then there's some backstage buildings right behind the Pooh show building. Surely there must be easier areas to build? Like most of the eastern side of the park?

nemofinder22

Any info on the Critter Country plot? I had never heard it mentioned before, so I looked on Wikimapia north of Critter Country. The empty land to the north sits right on top of the RR tracks and then there's some backstage buildings right behind the Pooh show building. Surely there must be easier areas to build? Like most of the eastern side of the park?

If the area north of Critter Country ever got developed I assumed it would take over Hungry Bear with a walkway going back behind the Pooh show building, and then taking out a large chunk of the backstage buildings.

Al Lutz is reporting that Innoventions could close by Feb. Pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere on here by someone else that construction would start by Jan, so if all happens good bye Innoventions.

http://micechat.com/14004-miceage-disneyland-christmas-extra/

Tomorrowland won’t get any Christmas decorations, as the last holdout of a land that ignores the holidays. But the plans to shutter Innoventions and begin work on an Iron Man themed E Ticket thrill ride in that space continue to move through the approval process in both Burbank and Glendale. If you are one of those few fans of Innoventions, or simply want to get a look at what’s left of the revolving theater ride system there since 1967, stop by and pay your respects before February.

Bob Iger can’t wait to get the Marvel characters added to the theme park environment, and WDI is running with this one since the budget is healthy and Cars Land has emboldened them to push for higher quality in these big headliner projects. The question remains whether they can keep this quickly approaching project under wraps until the 2013 D23 Expo in Anaheim next August, or if they at least announce the E Ticket this winter but hold back on the details publicly until the D23 Expo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom