New DVC AP Pricing as of Feb 22

DVC Mike

Original Poster
Here is the new cost structure for DVC discounted annual passes for Walt Disney World:

---> As posted on DVCMember.com <---

NewDVCAPCost.png

Here is a comparison:

DVCAPCompare2.png

Last edited:

DougK

I guess I really don't blame Disney for raising prices, they are having record attendance. But at the same time it is outrageous that the DVC "discounted" price for an AP is now over $500 before tax. I do think they should offer a more substantial AP discount to DVC members. Remember just three years ago when they offered APs, actually Premium APs, to DVC members for $399? Those were the good old days I guess!

We will continue to use our DVC points for accomodations but we will no longer be spending much time at the Disney parks. We already eat in the Villas or offsite which gives us great savings as far as food goes. Now we will save a ton on park admission too by not going to the parks as often. We will spend more per day but we will go to the parks fewer days. We can only afford to spend so much.

So perhaps the next step will be to sell our DVC points, not that Disney cares.

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I can understand that, if you are only going for one week per year. Cheaper to buy the Magic Your Way tickets with park hopper. But if you are going for multiple trips in the one year that you would use the AP, it still comes out cheaper to buy the AP. The AP is $529. If you go with MYW, the equivalent is a 2 day ticket for $258 for each year. A 4 day ticket is $393, so if you spend that over 2 years, you are close to $800, instead of the $529.

Again, if you are only going one week a year, why were you buying the AP in the first place? You don't need it for TiW, and it sounds like since you cook most of your meals in the villas or eat off-site, that the TiW isn't a good deal for you either.

I guess I'm agreeing that maybe it might be better just to sell your DVC, and pay cash for your rooms when you do go. Also please remember that Disney NEVER promised any sort of discount on anything, and they could all go away tomorrow. The fact that we get any discount at all is a bonus to us. We bought in many years ago to save money on accommodations. Anything else is gravy.

loveglobe

They also raised the DL ticket prices too while the DVC discount on APs remains a measly $20. I don't know about WDW but I believe the reason they did this at DL is because there were SO many APs visiting each day the parks were overcrowded. So this hike in prices at DL is an effort to control their AP population levels in addition to garnering increased revenue.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Thanks for the info, Mike!

This really steams me. And I don't necessarily pin the blame on DVC for this one, this REEKS of TDO management. We should all know the tell-tale signs by now - Reduce, cut down, cut back, downsize, skimp whenever and wherever possible, and squeeze every last penny out of the guests as possible while marketing their eyeballs out about how GREAT of a time they are having and how GREAT their savings are!!!!!! :banghead:

I guess I really don't blame Disney for raising prices, they are having record attendance. But at the same time it is outrageous that the DVC "discounted" price for an AP is now over $500 before tax. I do think they should offer a more substantial AP discount to DVC members. Remember just three years ago when they offered APs, actually Premium APs, to DVC members for $399? Those were the good old days I guess!

That was actually a scant 12-14 months ago - My wife and I got PAP's right before the 2014 WDW Princess Half Marathon. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom