New Dumbos is a hidden Mickey!

Mike730

fle1-22-12055.jpg

ehh...... thats a bit of a stretch.

MaryJaneP

I agree the layout isn't a hidden mickey, shouldn't the title be "New Dumbos ARE a hidden mickey"? I mean how can something plural use a singular verb?

SobchakSecurity

I agree the layout isn't a hidden mickey, shouldn't the title be "New Dumbos ARE a hidden mickey"? I mean how can something plural use a singular verb?

Bringing back the language one sentence at a time.

Technically, the correct form of 'to be' shouldn't be used here anyway. Instead an active verb should be used, such as "New Dumbos form a hidden Mickey," or you can use a simile with another verb and say "New Dumbos look like a hidden Mickey" or "The new Dumbo attraction looks like a hidden Mickey."

Not that it matters anyway, because this is an informal conversation, I'm not the grammar police, and because the new Dumbos look nothing like a hidden Mickey.

JimboJones123

Technically, the correct form of 'to be' shouldn't be used here anyway. Instead an active verb should be used, such as "New Dumbos form a hidden Mickey," or you can use a simile with another verb and say "New Dumbos look like a hidden Mickey" or "The new Dumbo attraction looks like a hidden Mickey."

Not that it matters anyway, because this is an informal conversation, I'm not the grammar police, and because the new Dumbos look nothing like a hidden Mickey.

Since "Dumbo" singular refers to the Dumbo attraction (and in casual form, not meant to be a complete sentence anyways) the title is just fine.

Nobody refers to the Speedway in plural form as Speedways using the "are" form of the "to be" either even though there are four separate attractions opportunities.

Dumbo was never referenced as Dumbos before. Shouldn't going forward either.

JimboJones123

I will counter the oval head rejection when considering the safety light hidden Mickey on the wall as you approach the load to R&R. All the other ones are rectangle. But one is ovalish and has round lights to form a HM.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Since "Dumbo" singular refers to the Dumbo attraction (and in casual form, not meant to be a complete sentence anyways) the title is just fine.

Nobody refers to the Speedway in plural form as Speedways using the "are" form of the "to be" either even though there are four separate attractions opportunities.

Dumbo was never referenced as Dumbos before. Shouldn't going forward either.

In the past there was but one Dumbo ride...now there are TWO...therefore Dumbos. (or should that be Dumboes, Dumbae, Dumbis)

raven

Not in the correct thread but I was trying to figure out where to post this. My friend just took this picture yesterday of people from Eastern Europe at the wall where the old Dumbo was located.

We've named the photo "Praying for Dumbo to reopen." :lol:

praying.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Not in the correct thread but I was trying to figure out where to post this. My friend just took this picture yesterday of people from Eastern Europe at the wall where the old Dumbo was located.

praying.jpg

LOL :sohappy:

MarkTwain

praying.jpg

The heck?? :confused:

IWant2GoNow

That is bizarre... Are they mourning the dismantling of the old Dumbo?

Brian_B

The new guy, ladies and gentlemen. He'll be here all week.

emaginear

It actually looks more like the top view of DUMBO himself flying.

Yellow tent is the hat, circles extending out around the ride would be the ears.

Communicore

2 Dumbos could mean 2 diferent ride experiences, the original and the brand new one. People have to get on both to experience. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom