New Dumbo Question

DisneyparkFreak

Original Poster
Hopefully some one can answer these for me.

1. Will there be a water feature under the dumbo's like in DL?

2. I am assuming that with the que being "interactive" it wont be the traditional way we stand in line for an attraction, how will this new que work?

Clamman73

Looks like you're gonna walk in through the middle area of the two Dumbos and then go either left or right under the semi-circle covered area - that's were they might be some type of "interactive" que. I haven't seen a thing about it though.

Buried20KLeague

Hopefully some one can answer these for me.

1. Will there be a water feature under the dumbo's like in DL?

2. I am assuming that with the que being "interactive" it wont be the traditional way we stand in line for an attraction, how will this new que work?

All indications are there will be water.

I believe you'll receive a feather that will notify you when it's your time to ride, like you'd recieve at a restaurant. While you wait, there will be activities and play areas under the big circus tent for the little ones.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

I believe you'll receive a feather that will notify you when it's your time to ride, like you'd recieve at a restaurant. While you wait, there will be activities and play areas under the big circus tent for the little ones.

I hope they are more kid friendly than Tigger's bouncy place...what an embarrassment.

Buried20KLeague

I hope they are more kid friendly than Tigger's bouncy place...what an embarrassment.

I'll be really interested to see. I really don't get the interactive que idea, personally... It seems to me that the interactive elements would all be overrun by a gaggle of kids all at once, making it difficult for any kids to really enjoy the elements. I know if my littlest one sees something she wants to do but every inch of it is covered by other kids, she doesn't even bother.

I wonder if they'll do anything to compensate for that possibility.

jjharvpro

There will indeed be water under the new Dumbos like there is at Disneyland. An Imagineer at the Expo said there will be.

And I'm still wondering what exactly the interactive elements will be and how it'll work. But I'm looking forward to see what they do with it. I mean the circus tent's show building behind the facade is decently big!

NoChesterHester

First I've heard of that. Cool idea. Colored feathers possibly to indicate when it is your turn?

Dumbo, the magic feather!

Rowdy

If it's what I've experienced before you will be assigned a group. Group A,B,C,D, for example. You're giving a card with one of the groups, and you wait in an area while the groups are called.

Cosmic Commando

First I've heard of that. Cool idea. Colored feathers possibly to indicate when it is your turn?

Dumbo, the magic feather!

At DL, they give you a black feather that serves the same function as the little yellow card at WDW... just for the next group in line. That might be where this idea came from. Those feathers are wooden, though. I really see Disney going with something disposable for the "open queue" portion. You will always have people walking away with them, whether purposefully or the kids had to go potty/threw a tantrum/got hungry.

Lee

Adventurer
If it's what I've experienced before you will be assigned a group. Group A,B,C,D, for example. You're giving a card with one of the groups, and you wait in an area while the groups are called.

Maybe...but that sounds like a recipe for problems, with multiple groups mixed together in that tent. Getting a whole group to assemble near the load area at one time....could be tricky.

Based on the plans, the FP queue completely skips the main tent. Wouldn't surprise me to learn that the tent is just a normal queue with some games and such in there.

ght

Maybe...but that sounds like a recipe for problems, with multiple groups mixed together in that tent. Getting a whole group to assemble near the load area at one time....could be tricky.

Based on the plans, the FP queue completely skips the main tent. Wouldn't surprise me to learn that the tent is just a normal queue with some games and such in there.

I would hope they would stagger it in such a way as when your group is called you are still one or two groups back, so you are 'on deck' rather than being up at bat. It still could be problematic, particularly in the case of someone not hearing their group (though I thought from the description the feathers would be more like a beeper in a restaurant) or a kid losing his or her feather. I imaging guest services will get more complaints about Dumbo than they have ever seen.

Still, despite the potential headaches I like the idea of giving the kids something to do rather than stand in the tedious line of a notoriously slow loading ride.

EpcotFanForever

I can see it now. "Red card left, blue card right... Red card left, blue card right... Red card left, blue card right... Red card left, blue card right... Red card left, blue card right... "

Clueless family wanders into left line with blue card, gets stopped just before the ride, and then starts screaming for a manager. They refuse to budge, security gets called, dad feigns a heart attack. Ride closes for day.

Just another day of Disney magic...

Deputyjc

i can see it now. "red card left, blue card right... Red card left, blue card right... Red card left, blue card right... Red card left, blue card right... Red card left, blue card right... "

clueless family wanders into left line with blue card, gets stopped just before the ride, and then starts screaming for a manager. They refuse to budge, security gets called, dad feigns a heart attack. Ride closes for day.

Just another day of disney magic...

lmao!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom