New Drop Tower For Magic Kingdom!

David S.

Original Poster
I just found this Press Release on another site:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Lake Buena Vista, FL

Walt Disney World made the surprise announcement today that construction would soon commence on a new drop-tower thrill ride, to be located in the Fantasyland section.

"We felt like we could do more to enhance our New Fantasyland. As Walt Disney said, 'Disneyland will never be completed as long as there is imagination left in the world'", said Tom Staggs, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. "In that same spirit, we are proud to announce 'Maleficent's Plunge'", gushed Staggs.

The new ride will be built as a joint collaboration between Swiss ride manufacturer Intamin and Walt Disney Imagineering. Standing 400 feet tall, it will be both the tallest landmark and tallest attraction in all of Walt Disney World.

"We looked at Falcon's Fury, the drop tower Busch Gardens is adding this year, and thought, 'How can we make it better?' Their tower will be 300 feet, so we contacted Intamin and asked, 'can you go up to 400?' Their answer was yes, and we are pleased as punch with how the design is coming along!", he beamed.

To make room for the new attraction, deconstruction of Cinderella's Castle will commence immediately. "It's tradition here at Walt Disney World that as we introduce new attractions to our 28,000 acre resort, older ones are retired to make room for them", explained Walt Disney World Senior Vice President of Operations and Next Generation Experiences, Jim MacPhee. "The footprint of the Castle is basically the same amount of square feet we needed for the new tower, so it was a no-brainer. Walt Disney World is not a museum. We must move forward, change, and progress. Walt Disney was all about progress. We've had a great run with the Castle, but our highly sophisticated market research has indicated to us that some of our guests, especially among the important 13-19 year-old male demographic, found the Castle boring."

"We don't think that will be the case with Maleficent's Plunge. It will be both thrilling and 'interactive', which is what that demographic wants. Utilizing our patented, 2 billion dollar Magic Band (TM) wristband technology, guests can scan their wristband while boarding the ride. While at the top, just before the big drop, the voice of Maleficent herself will taunt them each by name. It will be a very 'personalized' experience. And since no two sets of guests will have the exact same sets of names, no two ride experiences will be the same!", he enthused.

But when will it be ready?

"Well, Walt Disney built Disneyland in a year in 1955, but, based on the 4 years it just took us to cobble together New Fantasyland, we are hoping for a 2020 opening date. If we are running a little behind schedule, we are confident it will be ready by our 50th anniversary in 2021. We are absolutely positive it will be open to the public no later than April 1, 2021!"

Cmdr_Crimson

oculus-rift-anime-Hatsune-Miku-Vocaloids-878822.jpeg

David S.

Original Poster
You didn't even provide a link, plus this is way too unbelievable. Happy April Fool's.

Of course I didn't provide a link - it was obvious from the title that it was just an April Fools joke! I figured anyone who clicked on it would already know that, so I wasn't actually trying to make anyone believe it was true. I intentionally made parts of it over-the-top parody. I was just having some fun with the absurdity of that scenario happening, and what the execs would say - as April 1 is a good day for that sort of thing.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Of course I didn't provide a link - it was obvious from the title that it was just an April Fools joke! I figured anyone who clicked on it would already know that, so I wasn't actually trying to make anyone believe it was true. I intentionally made parts of it over-the-top parody. I was just having some fun with the absurdity of that scenario happening, and what the execs would say - as April 1 is a good day for that sort of thing.

Okay.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The mods just love this day....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom