New DLP Ride coming soon

AdventureMP4z

Original Poster
Bob Iger just said that him and imagineering were working on a project on “The Bill Simmons Podcast.” They were speaking about what Iger does on a daily basis.

Toni25

Yes he said it is for Paris, but very vaguely.
This is the link: https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-...ger-on-streaming-wars-espn-reset-jimmy-kimmel
He talks about multiple upcoming projects for a couple of seconds, starting at about 1:05
He just said "a new Disneyland Paris attraction" ...didn't specify if for the main park or for the Studios..could be anything, maybe he just looked over the layout for Iron Man or for something we already know of. I wouldn't get too excited.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Paris certainly needs more unique attractions. With the intro of Ratatouile and a version of Toy Story Land to WDW, there’s even less to warrant a visit here rather than WDW.

Very underwhelmed by what we know of the WDS expansion so far.
It is strange how much they build at WDW that is also available at WDW given how many Europeans go to WDW and how many Americans come to Paris. They could attract more guests of each type with a stronger product. Parc Disneyland will get these folks there once but won’t trigger too many repeat visits.

Brummyboy92

That lack of originality going into the resort blows my mind, and I truly think it will backfire sooner rather than later.

I don't even know why they can't copy existing ride layouts and simply change the theme. It's cutting costs, but adding something unique to each resort. For instance, create an Enchanted Tales of Belle layout attraction, but themed to Cinderella, surely it's not that difficult.

Toni25

That lack of originality going into the resort blows my mind, and I truly think it will backfire sooner rather than later.

I don't even know why they can't copy existing ride layouts and simply change the theme. It's cutting costs, but adding something unique to each resort. For instance, create an Enchanted Tales of Belle layout attraction, but themed to Cinderella, surely it's not that difficult.
Literally I also said that, Cinderella would fit so amazingly, would fit the layout of beauty and the beast so well, they can build her castle, it would be very unique...just imagine riding that pumpkin.

Robbiem

i agree completely it would be so easy to change up some of the classic rides with different themes to make something new. Disney used to do this all the time - Star Tours and body wars, indy and dinosaur, test track and RSR etc. Hong kong has done this recently with the ant man redo of buzz and the iron man ride. It would be great if each resort had unique rides, or rethemed versions of the same ride with a different theme

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
i agree completely it would be so easy to change up some of the classic rides with different themes to make something new. Disney used to do this all the time - Star Tours and body wars, indy and dinosaur, test track and RSR etc. Hong kong has done this recently with the ant man redo of buzz and the iron man ride. It would be great if each resort had unique rides, or rethemed versions of the same ride with a different theme

Going slightly off this topic but was the proposed Winnie the Pooh water ride for Disneyland/Tokyo Disneyland (correct me if I'm wrong though) going to use the ride language of Splash Mountain? I see some resemblance with the small drop into the show scene depicted below, though it could be argued that it would've used the ride language of Pirates (DLR/TD/DLP) instead.
CnLkXxOXYAAyjNY

I do wish that they build this on the expansion pad near Toad Hall and Alice's Curious Labyrinth. Not only will this give Paris a new water ride that's badly needed in the summer but it will also be thematically in-sync with those two attractions on the upper west side of Fantasyland and will complete the English countryside section. If this ride was meant to share Splash Mountain's ride language, then it wouldn't be difficult for them to recreate it into this Pooh attraction. There's also a scene from The Mini Adventures of Winnie the Pooh that could be swapped in for the scene with Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Fox in the final lift hill in Splash Mountain before we drop into the briar patch:

Last edited:

Brummyboy92

Already done with Frozen.

And the point?

As others have said I see no issue here, I really don't want to see the parks become carbon copies of each other, and I really believe it will be damaging in the long run. If Disney's laziness boils down to cost, then this would be a great way to save money whilst creating unique attractions for each resort at a fraction of the cost.

Robbiem

Going slightly off this topic but was the proposed Winnie the Pooh water ride for Disneyland/Tokyo Disneyland (correct me if I'm wrong though) going to use the ride language of Splash Mountain? I see some resemblance with the small drop into the show scene depicted below, though it could be argued that it would've used the ride language of Pirates (DLR/TD/DLP) instead.
CnLkXxOXYAAyjNY

I do wish that they build this on the expansion pad near Toad Hall and Alice's Curious Labyrinth. Not only will this give Paris a new water ride that's badly needed in the summer but it will also be thematically in-sync with those two attractions on the upper west side of Fantasyland and will complete the English countryside section. If this ride was meant to share Splash Mountain's ride language, then it wouldn't be difficult for them to recreate it into this Pooh attraction. There's also a scene from The Mini Adventures of Winnie the Pooh that could be swapped in for the scene with Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Fox in the final lift hill in Splash Mountain before we drop into the briar patch:

This looks like a great idea. Taking an existing ride system and using it in a new way. I’m sure a pooh version of splash mountain would be a huge hit. I’ve also thought it would work well in adventureland with a jungle book theme

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
This looks like a great idea. Taking an existing ride system and using it in a new way. I’m sure a pooh version of splash mountain would be a huge hit. I’ve also thought it would work well in adventureland with a jungle book theme

Jungle Book Cruise does have a nice ring to it! It could even travel through the Indiana Jones show building complex (just indulge me and my dream of WDI realizing the Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition conception) a la Blue Bayou/Captain Jack's in POTC. While the timeline doesn't check out, the themes do in a way (both are set in an Asian jungle anyway).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom