New Disney World Planning Videos

DisneyWorld30th

Original Poster
Not sure if this is old news or not...

I just received my 2003 Disney World Planning video (for Adults). The video color is blue. The cover also looks like the new official Disney World.Com webpage.

I have not looked at it yet...I'll let you know if there is anything new!!!!

Fido

I first ordered the video well over a month ago, and recently ordered the DVD a couple weeks ago. I haven't received anything. I'm going in February, on't they want me to be informed??:lol:

I just ordered the video a couple of days ago. I had heard bad things about the DVd so I wasnt going to risk it . I just ordered the video. I hope that I get the aduld version. Im only 15 but I want the adult version. I consider myself an adult in these type of situations.

DDPGambit

Originally posted by Mickeyman819
I just ordered the video a couple of days ago. I had heard bad things about the DVd so I wasnt going to risk it . I just ordered the video. I hope that I get the aduld version. Im only 15 but I want the adult version. I consider myself an adult in these type of situations.

The video they send depends upon the answers you put for your age, and such. If you just put your age, and that you werent traveling with children, then you should get the "adult" video.

NADisney

I ordered WDW DVD video and the New Disneyland VHS -only video they just made for the first time.Hope they turn out better then the past videos.I just wish they made vacation videos for Tokyo and Paris Disneyland instead of brochures.

Attachments

• tdl_anniversary_logo_012303.jpg
    tdl_anniversary_logo_012303.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 414

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Is there a DVD or not? Has anyone received one?

I don't have a VCR any longer, so I need DVD. Does it exist?

NADisney

WDW is offering vhs or dvd formats of their vacation video,know if anyone will get what they order is a diffrent thing.

JUst got a letter in the mail today from Disney World it says,

"Our guest have told us that they get alot of questions about their vacations.So,we have enclosed a few cards to help outif freinds or family start asking about yours.Hand out this card to them so they too can get a free WDW vacation planning video".

They sent four cards to hand out to those who want a free vacation video-gee what a marketing idea.Do I get a discount for advertising for them as well .

Attachments

• td20thanniversarymonorail-peach.jpg
    td20thanniversarymonorail-peach.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 427

alrcam

The WDW site in the UK has the option to request a DVD.
Surely they wouldn't be that silly if it didn't exist.
Perhaps they would.

Only 70 days to go till visit no 5.

Nineinchnailsmk

ReDefined....okay....so where did you hear that its just a survey? Didnt mean to "upset" you by talking about it on a different post...geesh.

ANYWAY, dont get me started

I received those cards too after i got back from WDW. They said thanx for staying, and send out these cards (basically) to your friends. I received two VHS. One for ages roughly 45 and up and one for ages roughly 21 to 45. The 21 to 45 is more "hip" for lack of a better term and they play up Downtown Disney a lot. The older one features older people as "spokespersons" As far as for families with childern, im not sure if they have a separate thrid tape?

Well, keep your fingers crossed, no matter what redefined says, im sure well get the DVD. And well be laughing when we get one and he doesnt... :drevil:

GoofyMike29

if there was not a DVD option as well as a VHS option available why on the website would it indicate that there was?

it seems to be a sort of a shady way of "collecting data" as was put in an earlier post.

besides, doesn't disney know it is cheaper and faster to make DVDs and more people have DVD players?

jasondiff

got mine!

For anyone who is interested, I got the DVD yesterday. There is no 100YOM stuff, just the new tagline, Where Magic Lives. The DVD includes some cool bonus stuff about the resorts including room floorplans.

DisneyJedi

For anyone interested, I recently captured the Disney 2000 Planning Vacation Video and encoded it to DIVX . It is available on Popkid's IRC server bot in the #disney-central channel on the Newnet IRC network.

Here's how to get there if you don't already know:
1) Download and install Mirc
2) Go to the menu at the top DCC. Then options. Go to folders and where it says DCC, set it to ignore only. Uncheck the box that resets it in 3 minutes. This will allow you to download from IRC (by default, you cannot download).
2) Connect to a NEWNET irc server. I use irc.aohell.org on port 6666 . I've been getting good, fast connects to that server.
3) When it connects, type "/join #disney-central" (without quotes)
4) You should see some text.. You type a 'trigger' into the window to 'trigger'a fileserver bot. Popkid's triggers are:
!dizTUNES • !dizVIDEOS • !dizPUTER • !dizUPLOADS • !dizFOLDER

Type !dizVIDEOS and press [enter]. A new window should pop up.
6) Use DOS-type commands to see files and folders (dir command) and then "get filename.whatever" to start downloading or to get in queue for a file.
Here are the commands:
help -- give you a brief overview of the commands
dir -- lists files (and file size, so we'll use this instead of the "ls" command)
cd -- opens a directory (changes directory)
get -- requests a file
sends -- shows the files currently sending
queues -- shows the files currently in the queue
clr_queues -- erases you from the queue
exit -- closes DCC chat

- The 2000 Vacation Planning Video is located in the (((PROMOS))) folder as <popkid> disney_2000_travel_planning_video.avi 322 mb

Enjoy! I hope to get more of these travel planning videos. Anyone have older ones prior to the year 2000?

DisneyJedi

Originally posted by bmxviper02
what program did u use to put it on divx?

First I captured the video from my VCR to my computer using my ATI Radeon 64 (which has a video input).

Then I installed the DIVX3.11 codec

Then I used VirtualDub to process the video (actually I used Nandub which is essentially the same program, but yields better quality for DIVX3.11). I used this program to convert the huge AVI file that I captured to a smaller DIVX AVI file.

A good site to learn all about encoding DIVX videos is Doom9.org

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom