New Disney Water Park?

Jay Jay 13

Original Poster
Hi Guys,

New on here - just joined today & looking forward to getting involved in the forums & everything Disney!

I just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on this topic or if there are any rumors surrounding a possibility of Disney
building a new water park in Orlando.

I know there are quite a few already, TL, BB, VB, AQ but think how great it would be for a new one to be ready for the
big 50th!

I love TL, but think there are certain things in VB which are cool too... I just cant help thinking that if Disney were to
really push the boat out 'excuse the pun' & develop a new water park, what it would be like... surely its time for them
to design a new one....

Any thoughts or news welcomed

J :)

Jay Jay 13

Original Poster
I personally would like to see them expand the 2 they have - plenty more water slide/attraction types they could add to these locations.

I hope so, love the theme of TL, just wish they had kept the shark area snorkeling - perhaps they could do something new along those lines. There is so much they can create with a water park I just hope we hear something new as it has been such a long time since anything major on the water park front...

ToTBellHop

I hope so, love the theme of TL, just wish they had kept the shark area snorkeling - perhaps they could do something new along those lines. There is so much they can create with a water park I just hope we hear something new as it has been such a long time since anything major on the water park front...
Wasn’t Miss Adventure Falls last year?

Blizzard Beach has stagnated for too long, however.

Biff215

I personally would like to see them expand the 2 they have - plenty more water slide/attraction types they could add to these locations.
Completely agree. I think if Disney built a flashy new park like VB, they would likely just steal attendance from their existing parks. They already close the parks for months at a time in the winter, so it’s doubtful a third park would be practical.

TL has received some nice updates, you would think BB would be next. Just not sure they want to build away from the mountain like they did at TL. They have some space it’s just a matter of how to use it best and keep the theming.

Tom P.

I agree with the other comments here. I think two water parks is enough to handle the need right now.

I don't think a third water park would dramatically increase attendance numbers. I doubt many people plan vacations to Walt Disney World with a water park as their main draw. Rather, I think they plan a WDW vacation around the theme park offerings and then the water parks offer another thing they can do. So I think you'd likely just cannibalize attendance from the other two parks. If this were drawing crowds away from Magic Kingdom, that might be worth it, but neither Typhoon Lagoon nor Blizzard Beach have a significant overcrowding problem that they need to address.

In addition, as others have said, there's plenty of work that can be done to expand and enhance the existing water parks. I think that's where Disney's money would be best spent. And, also, I would think if Disney were going to invest the time and money to build another park, they'd look at a fifth theme park before a third water park. Although I doubt either is in the cards right now.

PurpleJesus

I wish they'd just renovate either BB or TL up to the level of VB. It'd be nice to have one on par w/ VB, and it would also make the other park less crowded. Pretty win/win if you ask me.

rangerbob

Hi Guys,

New on here - just joined today & looking forward to getting involved in the forums & everything Disney!

I just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on this topic or if there are any rumors surrounding a possibility of Disney
building a new water park in Orlando.

I know there are quite a few already, TL, BB, VB, AQ but think how great it would be for a new one to be ready for the
big 50th!

I love TL, but think there are certain things in VB which are cool too... I just cant help thinking that if Disney were to
really push the boat out 'excuse the pun' & develop a new water park, what it would be like... surely its time for them
to design a new one....

Any thoughts or news welcomed

J :)
You do know that Volcano Bay is Universal and Aquatica is SeaWorld. Disney only has 2 water parks Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon.

cheezbat

Both parks really need additions. It’s sad that the 23 year old water park hasn’t received practically anything since the initial opening plans...
Typhoon has gotten two additions in the past thirteen years, but what’s really sad to me is that neither Disney waterpark has as many slides as Volcano Bay, Aquatica, or Adventure Island. They both are very very busy at times...they could definitely use the added capacity.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Blizzard Beach isnt touched in terms of additions so if anything needs to be built, it's an expansion of some sort for that park.

rangerbob

You do know that Volcano Bay is Universal and Aquatica is SeaWorld. Disney only has 2 water parks Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon.
I really don't think they do. There are many tourists that thinks there is only one park here. Disney and nobody else. I have seen it, somebody showing up to Universal gate with their micky bands trying to get in.

KINGLOUIS1993

I would rather see an expansion of what is already there as well. I think 2 are enough for Dinsey, a lot of effort coming up with a new theme and a lot of the resorts have pretty funky pools and splash areas too.

Just add a few new innovative additions especially to BB, I have been there 4 times in total and tbh it is just a bit stagnated. Never been to TL but upset they binned off the Shark bit because that was something I wanted to do.

If you think about it BB is a pretty unique theme to so they should just build around that. Maybe a Frozen area would be cool, even though I am not fan of the film myself could see the appeal to others.

AndyS2992

No need for a new park, they can barely look after the two they’ve got. All they need to do is update them regularly with new rides and keep them looking fresh and that should be enough.

HwdStudio

I really don't think they do. There are many tourists that thinks there is only one park here. Disney and nobody else. I have seen it, somebody showing up to Universal gate with their micky bands trying to get in.
I think the OP knows that VB and AQ are not Disney properties.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom