New disney update and others

Carolwood

I don't mind the increase of technology, but, I do agree that with the increase of technology we are slowly loosing the small little intimate things that has always made Disney..Disney. Fastpasses have done nothing but increase standby lines and make people wait longer. I don't want to have to plan out my days while on vacation 6 months ahead of time. I don't like being told where I have to be and when. Sadly I see Disney slowly morphining into any other theme park that is out there.

Got to agree here. I hate having to make dining reservations months in advance, now your telling me I'll have to decide which rides & attractions I want to see months out...not for me. Our trips to the world are becoming less frequent (We've always gone at least once a year for a week at a time over past 20 years), Disney quality is no where near what it once was. Lower quality...higher prices seems to be the Disney motto these days. Disney always seemed to focus on the experience over the dollar, no more, now it's how many, how fast and how much. The experience takes a back seat. The Fantasyland expansion is prime example, nothing very exciting, just an expansion to make more room to cram more people into an already crowded park and sell princess trinkets.

Sorry for the rant but I just really hate the direction the company seems to be going in these days, don't even get me started on Avatar land!!!!

bullsforthewin

Got to agree here. I hate having to make dining reservations months in advance, now your telling me I'll have to decide which rides & attractions I want to see months out...not for me. Our trips to the world are becoming less frequent (We've always gone at least once a year for a week at a time over past 20 years), Disney quality is no where near what it once was. Lower quality...higher prices seems to be the Disney motto these days. Disney always seemed to focus on the experience over the dollar, no more, now it's how many, how fast and how much. The experience takes a back seat. The Fantasyland expansion is prime example, nothing very exciting, just an expansion to make more room to cram more people into an already crowded park and sell princess trinkets.

Sorry for the rant but I just really hate the direction the company seems to be going in these days, don't even get me started on Avatar land!!!!

Whats wrong with making dinner reservations months in advance? You have to do that everywhere

jrlang1

No.. meet and greets are not rides.. Talking strictly about rides:

Mine Coaster = Snow White
Mermaid = 20K
Extra Dumbo spinner..

Net 1 ride...

And if you want to include meet and greets:

Mermaid = 20K/Playground
Princess Fairy Tale Hall = Princess Tent in Toontown
Ariel's Grotto = Ariel's Grotto (wash)
Mine Coaster = Snow White
Enchanted Tales with Belle = Story Time With Belle from Fantasyland Garden
Scuttles Scanvenger Hunt = new experience, not a new ride

And again, if you want to include the extra Dumbo spinner, still equals a new of 1 new ride and 1 new experience (Scuttle), with meet and greets being replaced with more elaborate meet and greets...

If Princess Fairy Tale Hall ever gets replaced with a new dark ride, then we can say we netted a new ride or maybe 2, again, depending how you look at Dumbo....

The problem with these types of compairisons is that thry do not take into account the changes in quality or atmosphere

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom