New disney update and others

Captain Chaos

I dont think the park needs a new theme or name I just think the flow isnt as nice? idk how to really explain it but thats just my opinion again and I agree about animal Kingdom....to me it has 3 of disneys best rides EE, dinosaur, and the safari. The park is beautifully designed and Joe rhode is an excellent imagineer. Which brings me to the fact that Avatar will most likely be amazing.

I completely understand what you are saying about transition in IOA... Dr. Seuss into Lost Continent doesn't transition well... I think Marvel transition into Toon Lagoon is fine.. But then from Toon to JP loses something... But minus transition, the park is awesomely themed and has great detail to 99.9% of everything in it...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Where is Fantasyland netting 2 attractions???

Mermaid = 20K
Mine Coaster = Snow White
extra Dumbo

So where is this a net of two rides?? We lost 20K and are losing Snow White... If you want to count the extra spinner, then that is a net of 1 ride... Not 2...

Isn't it more like:

Mermaid = 20k
Princess Fairytale Hall = Snow White
Ariel's Grotto = Ariel's Grotto
Mine Coaster = All new
Enchanted Tales with Belle - All new
Scuttle's Scavenger Hunt = All new

ctxak98

We may not have been talking about Sunset Blvd, but you said Wizardig World was cramped, it was a design flaw because Universal rushes to do its projects and doesn't pay attention... I simply pointed out Disney does the same thing...

Wizarding World as two ways in and out... The only real cramped area are the stores, and that I will give you... I walked out of the stores the first time I visited Wizarding World, and didn't even attempt to walk into them the second visit... The area maybe didn't agree with you because of the "cramped" feeling, but you cannot say it isn't well detailed because it is...

Like I said before I meant more of the detail to design more then the actual detail because that alone they got it spot on! and its amazing. The future plans for the area are cool and Im not against it im just saying Disney shouldnt have to always compete. competition here and there are good but I think avatar will be a big deal and take back some of disneys crowds. and sunset boulevards architecture and design is also to die for I have to say. especially atnight all lit up. but thank you for your input!

ctxak98

I completely understand what you are saying about transition in IOA... Dr. Seuss into Lost Continent doesn't transition well... I think Marvel transition into Toon Lagoon is fine.. But then from Toon to JP loses something... But minus transition, the park is awesomely themed and has great detail to 99.9% of everything in it...

EXACTLY the areas I was thinking about. But the Park is WAY COOL! Agreed:)

Captain Chaos

Isn't it more like:

Mermaid = 20k
Princess Fairytale Hall = Snow White
Ariel's Grotto = Ariel's Grotto
Mine Coaster = All new
Enchanted Tales with Belle - All new
Scuttle's Scavenger Hunt = All new

No.. meet and greets are not rides.. Talking strictly about rides:

Mermaid = 20K
Extra Dumbo spinner..

Net 1 ride...

And if you want to include meet and greets:

Mermaid = 20K/Playground
Princess Fairy Tale Hall = Princess Tent in Toontown
Ariel's Grotto = Ariel's Grotto (wash)
Enchanted Tales with Belle = Story Time With Belle from Fantasyland Garden
Scuttles Scanvenger Hunt = new experience, not a new ride

And again, if you want to include the extra Dumbo spinner, still equals a new of 1 new ride and 1 new experience (Scuttle), with meet and greets being replaced with more elaborate meet and greets...

If Princess Fairy Tale Hall ever gets replaced with a new dark ride, then we can say we netted a new ride or maybe 2, again, depending how you look at Dumbo....

Captain Chaos

Like I said before I meant more of the detail to design more then the actual detail because that alone they got it spot on! and its amazing. The future plans for the area are cool and Im not against it im just saying Disney shouldnt have to always compete. competition here and there are good but I think avatar will be a big deal and take back some of disneys crowds. and sunset boulevards architecture and design is also to die for I have to say. especially atnight all lit up. but thank you for your input!

EXACTLY the areas I was thinking about. But the Park is WAY COOL! Agreed:)

Ok, so it was design (gave you a cramped feeling, and that isn't something that can't be argued against cause the stores are very cramped) and not detail that you didn't like... Took us a while to get there, but we got there.. LOL.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
It still is one ride replacing another... Doesn't matter how you look at it.. 20K was there, shut down, filled in until a replacement was greenlit... And that is now Mermaid... So we are still at a plus 1 if you count the extra Dumbo spinner...

It may not matter to you how I look it. But, to be fair, it also doesn't matter to me how you look at it.

The fact is that it's a ride replacing a playground if you look back 5 years, a ride replacing a ride if you look back 15 years, and 5 rides replacing a swamp....if you go back 41 years instead of just 15.

To paraphrase Ben Kenobi, all are correct....from a certain point of view.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
If Princess Fairy Tale Hall ever gets replaced with a new dark ride, then I can say we netted a new ride or maybe 2, again, depending how you look at Dumbo....

Fixed if for you. Read the thread...some can already say that, without feeling bad about it. YOU may not be able to say it now, but many others can.

ctxak98

I just count the FLE as a great new experience to look forward too. Who cares if its not completely replacing another ride. All that matters is the new rides will be better and fit better in the area. Whst did 20k have to do with fantasyland? they should move 20k over to adventureland then we can all be happy!

Captain Chaos

I just count the FLE as a great new experience to look forward too. Who cares if its not completely replacing another ride. All that matters is the new rides will be better and fit better in the area. Whst did 20k have to do with fantasyland? they should move 20k over to adventureland then we can all be happy!

If they were to put something into Adventureland, wouldn't you rather it be Indiana Jones from DL??? I think 20K may be better off in AK... Maybe.

ctxak98

If they were to put something into Adventureland, wouldn't you rather it be Indiana Jones from DL??? I think 20K may be better off in AK... Maybe.

I would rather them do a complete NEW indy experience considering we have dinosaur. Many people dont like Dinosaur but I think its unique and way different from anything else(could use some maintenance) but otherwise good. 20 k would actually be cool to me at epcot. maybe re-theme it and make it a submarine voyage into the aquatic base and have something escape and go wrong haha. but maybe a mine-cart indy rollercoaster could be cool!? idk just a thought

gamedude

I think the biggest increase in crowds will be when Avatar Land opens up in Animal Kingdom. A billion dollar movie is sure to bring in more crowds:sohappy:

RSoxNo1

People look at Fantasyland as a net gain of no attractions. Personally, I was indifferent towards 20K Leagues Under the Sea as well as Snow White's Scary Adventures. I'm looking forward to The Little Mermaid and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and I anticipate that I will enjoy both of them more so than their "predecessors"

ctxak98

I think the biggest increase in crowds will be when Avatar Land opens up in Animal Kingdom. A billion dollar movie is sure to bring in more crowds:sohappy:

EXACTLY! its like no one believes or has faith in this awesome project or something!:sohappy:

haveyoumetmark

Would "Adventures in Literature" work for you as a more underlying theme for IOA???

I can't agree with Lee that it is the best themed park in Florida, but it ranks second to me behind, ready to gasp for air?? Animal Kingdom... While I can do DAK in half a day (if I am only going for the rides), I still love the theme... The park is beautiful despite the lack of attractions... When I stop and take in everything at DAK, I can easily spend the full day there and not be bored...
100% agree. DAK is simply incredible.

Magic Kingdom really doesn't have a "unifying theme" but there is fantastic blending between lands. DHS has a great unifying theme but it's not particularly well executed.

I don't know that the "Adventures in Literature is really stressed though. The best transition is probably Marvel to the Comic Book area, but I think for the most part the park feels like several very well themed, albeit disjointed areas.

For me, Animal Kingdom is the best themed park in Florida as well - Dinorama is the eyesore, but the other parks have their problems as well.
The unifying theme thing is really a nonissue to me. A unifying theme has nothing to do with a strong park. I would even venture to say that it creates an environment for a weaker park by limiting the options of expansion. MK and Epcot don't have any sort of really strong unifying theme and they were both spectacular parks. In a few scenarios, however, a unifying theme can work well like animal parks (BG, DAK, SeaWorld).

BibleTeacher

When I lived in Florida, I was a die hard Disney fan. Hated Universal, liked Sea World and Busch Gardens. If you want to go to a park that blows away Disney, Universal and the rest of the FL parks, go to Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, TN. They open new rides every year. This March, they open Wild Eagle, the first of it's kind in the United States wing coaster. Until the Florida parks start opening "first of it's kind in the United States" type of rides, Dollywood will be where I spend my money. Tickets and passes are half of what Disney and Universal charge, entertainment is way better. The singers actually sing at Dollywood, and not just move their mouths to a prerecorded track. That's just my 2 cents.

lt94

Original Poster
Will AK (disney) be able to build a Billion dollar park.
remember the fourms talk about the decline of Disney not wanting to spend money on yeti,light bulbs, ect. They have alot of money tied up in this next gen upgrade the largest ever

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom