New disney update and others

bullsforthewin

Sorry...but the ride is incredibly spectacular. And the land is as detailed as anything Disney has done the past 10 years in Orlando.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. IoA is a HIGHLY detailed park in every respect, whether you're blind to it or not. Universal doesn't cut corners with their new additions. They may have gone through a dark, stagnant period from 2003-2007 due to financial and ownership issues, but they've emerged from that better, and now have a very solid footing.

They're pushing themselves forward. Whether they succeed in doing so remains to be seen, but at least they're trying to wow people.

Test Track goes 101 with more frequency than Forbidden Journey. And I dunno what you mean by took their time. It took 3 years to build, and it by far one of the most popular and financially successful theme park additions of all time. They knocked it out of the park and will do so again with Phase II.

Harry Potter Land is highly detailed...nothing else is....Test Track does NOT go 101 more than FJ...that is a flat out lie

bullsforthewin

What could they have done better?

make better merchandise...make the area not so cramped as to only being able to fit like 20 people in the stores...make the area truer in the sense that Hogsmeade, Diagon Alley and Hogwarts are all mixed into one area....etc.

Biggest would be if they actually tried to make good models in the ride instead of the joke Dementors and spiders....

ctxak98

This thread is getting out of hand. 20k doesnt count idc what anyone says. everyone has there own opinion and thats FINE! who cares. Harry Potter has nothing to do with Disney and for those who need competition allllll the time fine, be that way but Disney still wins in the end. IF ITS DOESNT we all wouldnt be on this site and caring so much about its future and things to look forward to. Please stop this nonsense bickering. Its not helping anything or anybody. So I think Harry Potter was cramped so what. Its a design flaw to me! And the ride is just ok to me. nothing spectacular its was like a mixture of spiderman(which I love) with soarin(which I also love) and making it sorta thrilling. Idk just my opinion!:)

Captain Chaos

as i said disney's potter swatter:rolleyes:

The sad thing is, some people actually think this is Disney's answer to Potter when they have been told a million times over that it isn't.. Fantasyland will do what it is meant to do, help spread out the crowds... And will look great once complete...

bullsforthewin

This thread is getting out of hand. 20k doesnt count idc what anyone says. everyone has there own opinion and thats FINE! who cares. Harry Potter has nothing to do with Disney and for those who need competition allllll the time fine, be that way but Disney still wins in the end. IF ITS DOESNT we all wouldnt be on this site and caring so much about its future and things to look forward to. Please stop this nonsense bickering. Its not helping anything or anybody. So I think Harry Potter was cramped so what. Its a design flaw to me! And the ride is just ok to me. nothing spectacular its was like a mixture of spiderman(which I love) with soarin(which I also love) and making it sorta thrilling. Idk just my opinion!:)

How dare you have an opinion that is different from the disney haters...you must be addicted to pixie dust :rolleyes:

disney fan 13

not really, you're the one yelling. a ride is a ride. just because you can't accept that does not mean it is not true...

disney fan 13

The sad thing is, some people actually think this is Disney's answer to Potter when they have been told a million times over that it isn't.. Fantasyland will do what it is meant to do, help spread out the crowds... And will look great once complete...

Yes, i will most likely swing by next time i am in MK.

RSoxNo1

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. IoA is a HIGHLY detailed park in every respect, whether you're blind to it or not. Universal doesn't cut corners with their new additions. They may have gone through a dark, stagnant period from 2003-2007 due to financial and ownership issues, but they've emerged from that better, and now have a very solid footing.

I really enjoy Islands of Adventure, and I've discussed with people (Lee and Tracey on the Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast) about the level of theming there. Lee is of the opinion that it is the best "themed" park in all of Florida. I disagreed, largely because of things like the static steel coasters and the visibility of show buildings (it's really apparent on Forbidden Journey).

The other "problem" I have with Islands of Adventure is that there really isn't a unifying theme that binds everything together. Many would argue "literature" but that's more something that all of the lands have in common. The blending of starkly contrasting lands is tough and it works better in some places rather than others.

Looking at a place like Seusslanding - it is incredibly well done but it's so hard to transition in or our of that land effectively. As much as people complain about Dinorama, the transitions in and out of that land are done pretty well.

To say that Universal doesn't pay attention to detail though is incorrect, the biggest difference is that they don't have as many people putting in input on everything, as such projects can be done for a lot less money and somewhat more effeciently. The downside is you may miss out on a few minor things, but I would say that the majority of the individual attractions hold up very well to Disney attractions, if not better.

ctxak98

What i meant was even if it was 10-15 years ago it is still considered a replacement to that ride. Also not yelling but overly capping. makes you look bad.

now Im the bad guy for trying to get my point accross....cool. anyways I count it as a ride...but not as a replacement for it.

Captain Chaos

Let me ask you this question, and no this isn't meant to be more bickering... Do you think Sunset Blvd in DHS is a design flaw???

I will tell you why I think it is... There is only one way in and one way out of Sunset Blvd... During the crowded times, Sunset Blvd can be a hassle to walk through... And forget when Fantasmic has two shows a night... The crowd waiting for the second show combined with the first show letting out can cause a major traffic jam in the area...

ctxak98

I really enjoy Islands of Adventure, and I've discussed with people (Lee and Tracey on the Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast) about the level of theming there. Lee is of the opinion that it is the best "themed" park in all of Florida. I disagreed, largely because of things like the static steel coasters and the visibility of show buildings (it's really apparent on Forbidden Journey).

The other "problem" I have with Islands of Adventure is that there really isn't a unifying theme that binds everything together. Many would argue "literature" but that's more something that all of the lands have in common. The blending of starkly contrasting lands is tough and it works better in some places rather than others.

Looking at a place like Seusslanding - it is incredibly well done but it's so hard to transition in or our of that land effectively. As much as people complain about Dinorama, the transitions in and out of that land are done pretty well.

To say that Universal doesn't pay attention to detail though is incorrect, the biggest difference is that they don't have as many people putting in input on everything, as such projects can be done for a lot less money and somewhat more effeciently. The downside is you may miss out on a few minor things, but I would say that the majority of the individual attractions hold up very well to Disney attractions, if not better.

This is more what I mean....Not the actual DETAIL but the overall "look" to the park and the blending. Spiderman is one of my favorite rides on either disney or universal so im not a hater I just really love the complete look!

ctxak98

Let me ask you this question, and no this isn't meant to be more bickering... Do you think Sunset Blvd in DHS is a design flaw???

I will tell you why I think it is... There is only one way in and one way out of Sunset Blvd... During the crowded times, Sunset Blvd can be a hassle to walk through... And forget when Fantasmic has two shows a night... The crowd waiting for the second show combined with the first show letting out can cause a major traffic jam in the area...

RIGHT! I think that is also cramped but we werent talking about it. But I will agree with you on that point. Sunset boulevard like the harry potter are were meant to create that feeling but to me it also comes with porblems...thats all:)

TalkingHead

What's the "unifying theme" at MK?

Captain Chaos

Would "Adventures in Literature" work for you as a more underlying theme for IOA???

I can't agree with Lee that it is the best themed park in Florida, but it ranks second to me behind, ready to gasp for air?? Animal Kingdom... While I can do DAK in half a day (if I am only going for the rides), I still love the theme... The park is beautiful despite the lack of attractions... When I stop and take in everything at DAK, I can easily spend the full day there and not be bored...

ctxak98

Would "Adventures in Literature" work for you as a more underlying theme for IOA???

I can't agree with Lee that it is the best themed park in Florida, but it ranks second to me behind, ready to gasp for air?? Animal Kingdom... While I can do DAK in half a day (if I am only going for the rides), I still love the theme... The park is beautiful despite the lack of attractions... When I stop and take in everything at DAK, I can easily spend the full day there and not be bored...

I dont think the park needs a new theme or name I just think the flow isnt as nice? idk how to really explain it but thats just my opinion again and I agree about animal Kingdom....to me it has 3 of disneys best rides EE, dinosaur, and the safari. The park is beautifully designed and Joe rhode is an excellent imagineer. Which brings me to the fact that Avatar will most likely be amazing.

Captain Chaos

RIGHT! I think that is also cramped but we werent talking about it. But I will agree with you on that point. Sunset boulevard like the harry potter are were meant to create that feeling but to me it also comes with porblems...thats all:)

We may not have been talking about Sunset Blvd, but you said Wizardig World was cramped, it was a design flaw because Universal rushes to do its projects and doesn't pay attention... I simply pointed out Disney does the same thing...

Wizarding World as two ways in and out... The only real cramped area are the stores, and that I will give you... I walked out of the stores the first time I visited Wizarding World, and didn't even attempt to walk into them the second visit... The area maybe didn't agree with you because of the "cramped" feeling, but you cannot say it isn't well detailed because it is...

RSoxNo1

What's the "unifying theme" at MK?

Magic Kingdom really doesn't have a "unifying theme" but there is fantastic blending between lands. DHS has a great unifying theme but it's not particularly well executed.

I don't know that the "Adventures in Literature is really stressed though. The best transition is probably Marvel to the Comic Book area, but I think for the most part the park feels like several very well themed, albeit disjointed areas.

For me, Animal Kingdom is the best themed park in Florida as well - Dinorama is the eyesore, but the other parks have their problems as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom