New disney update and others

ctxak98

I dont think avatar is a flop until we know whats really coming. Test Track is a good ride and is a good ride for epcot. Its not the best thrill in walt disney world but Epcot isnt about the thrills. its a unique experience and FLE....please people its a great expansion for a little kids area. Two new rides and an expansion of a classic and eating area. The only reason disney takes longer to do things is because they pay attention to detail, where as Universal likes to whip it together as fast as possible. Disney is different. I think if they took there time on the Harry Potter area the ride would have been ten times better. The one and only time Ive been to harry potter the ride broke down 3 times while I was in line and ON the ride.:shrug:

Captain Chaos

True, but the Harry Potter expansion netted one.

Where is Fantasyland netting 2 attractions???

Mermaid = 20K
Mine Coaster = Snow White
extra Dumbo

So where is this a net of two rides?? We lost 20K and are losing Snow White... If you want to count the extra spinner, then that is a net of 1 ride... Not 2...

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Where is Fantasyland netting 2 attractions???

Mermaid = 20K
Mine Coaster = Snow White
extra Dumbo

So where is this a net of two rides?? We lost 20K and are losing Snow White... If you want to count the extra spinner, then that is a net of 1 ride... Not 2...

Hard to count 20K against FLE, since it closed 15 years ago. That'd give you the two if you count extra Dumbo.

ctxak98

Hard to count 20K against FLE, since it closed 15 years ago. That'd give you the two if you count extra Dumbo.

I agree. 20k was a LOOONG time ago. This fantasyland is going to be better then the orignal meet and greet areas planned? I dont understand why people are upset. PLUS the snowwhite ride is going to be better then the one they had..how can it not Its a new technology for rollercoasters. IM SUPER EXCITED!:)

Captain Chaos

I dont think avatar is a flop until we know whats really coming. Test Track is a good ride and is a good ride for epcot. Its not the best thrill in walt disney world but Epcot isnt about the thrills. its a unique experience and FLE....please people its a great expansion for a little kids area. Two new rides and an expansion of a classic and eating area. The only reason disney takes longer to do things is because they pay attention to detail, where as Universal likes to whip it together as fast as possible. Disney is different. I think if they took there time on the Harry Potter area the ride would have been ten times better. The one and only time Ive been to harry potter the ride broke down 3 times while I was in line and ON the ride.:shrug:

Nope... the only reason Disney takes longer is because they spread the money around over different quarters and financial years... Not because it has anything to do with paying attention to detail...

Universal put together Wizarding World over the course of several years, not months... Let's not forget that... And Wizardiig World is full of detail.. it takes you into the world of Harry Potter... If you want to complain about the shops being small, take your complaint to JK Rowling who wanted the land to resemble the world as she created it... Has nothing to do with Universal whipping it together and failing... Let's make sure your facts are straight before you toss things out as facts...

Rides break down... it happens.. Has nothing to do with Universal whipping together a cheap ride... if that is the case, Test Track broke down 2 times on my last trip.. Spaceship Earth broke down 3 times, Splash Mountain went down... Pirates broke down... Haunted Mansion broke down... In fact, Toy Story Midway Mania was shut down most of the day I was at DHS... But I guess that is OK cause Disney pays attention to detail and creates superior rides that never break down right???

The more you try to show Universal stinks and Disney rules, the more your arguments make less and less sense....

Captain Chaos

But it is still a ride replacing a ride... Doesn't matter if the ride close 5 years ago, 5 days ago or 15 years ago... Still only a net of 1 ride if you want to include the extra spinner... Actually, that makes Disney look worse if you ask me.. Close a ride 15 years ago and just let the land sit there... If they replaced 20K when they closed it, it would be a ride replacing a ride... And that still holds true today...

ctxak98

Nope... the only reason Disney takes longer is because they spread the money around over different quarters and financial years... Not because it has anything to do with paying attention to detail...

Universal put together Wizarding World over the course of several years, not months... Let's not forget that... And Wizardiig World is full of detail.. it takes you into the world of Harry Potter... If you want to complain about the shops being small, take your complaint to JK Rowling who wanted the land to resemble the world as she created it... Has nothing to do with Universal whipping it together and failing... Let's make sure your facts are straight before you toss things out as facts...

Rides break down... it happens.. Has nothing to do with Universal whipping together a cheap ride... if that is the case, Test Track broke down 2 times on my last trip.. Spaceship Earth broke down 3 times, Splash Mountain went down... Pirates broke down... Haunted Mansion broke down... In fact, Toy Story Midway Mania was shut down most of the day I was at DHS... But I guess that is OK cause Disney pays attention to detail and creates superior rides that never break down right???

The more you try to show Universal stinks and Disney rules, the more your arguments make less and less sense....

DUDE CHILL OUT! Im saying the AREA felt cramped to me and was a design flaw and its should have been more spread out. IM not just talking about the ride breaking down Im talking about the ride in general. its basically an actually moving soarin. and most of those rides listed are ones where the ride stops for handicapped people so....yah. DO YOU WORK FOR DISNEY OR SOMETHING????how do you know all your information?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
But it is still a ride replacing a ride... Doesn't matter if the ride close 5 years ago, 5 days ago or 15 years ago... Still only a net of 1 ride if you want to include the extra spinner... Actually, that makes Disney look worse if you ask me.. Close a ride 15 years ago and just let the land sit there... If they replaced 20K when they closed it, it would be a ride replacing a ride... And that still holds true today...

Isn't it a ride replacing a playground?

ctxak98

wrong....that ride was gone...doesnt count at all. HALF of the people who go today probably dont even know what it was or care.

GLaDOS

EXACTLY! not that spectacular. They added a ton of shops that have lines to get into to....its ridiculous:)

Sorry...but the ride is incredibly spectacular. And the land is as detailed as anything Disney has done the past 10 years in Orlando.

The only reason disney takes longer to do things is because they pay attention to detail, where as Universal likes to whip it together as fast as possible.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. IoA is a HIGHLY detailed park in every respect, whether you're blind to it or not. Universal doesn't cut corners with their new additions. They may have gone through a dark, stagnant period from 2003-2007 due to financial and ownership issues, but they've emerged from that better, and now have a very solid footing.

They're pushing themselves forward. Whether they succeed in doing so remains to be seen, but at least they're trying to wow people.

I think if they took there time on the Harry Potter area the ride would have been ten times better. The one and only time Ive been to harry potter the ride broke down 3 times while I was in line and ON the ride.:shrug:

Test Track goes 101 with more frequency than Forbidden Journey. And I dunno what you mean by took their time. It took 3 years to build, and it by far one of the most popular and financially successful theme park additions of all time. They knocked it out of the park and will do so again with Phase II.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

All depends on your starting point. If my portfolio goes up $1,000 this month, I would say I'm $1,000 better off than I was at the start of the month. Of course, if my portfolio went down $1,000 in December and I measured from December 1 to now, I'm in no better position. Doesn't make the observation that I made money in January wrong, though.

If we measure from when the FLE was announced/concieved to it's end, we're up a Dumbo spinner, a family coaster, and dark ride, and down a different dark ride. That's plus 2. Sure you could decide to measure from an earlier point in time based on what was on the property then, but the closure of 20K had nothing to do with FLE, so it doesn't make sense to put that on FLE. Put it on Disney as a company for killing the subs and waiting 15 years to do anything, but don't put it on FLE.

ctxak98

Sorry...but the ride is incredibly spectacular. And the land is as detailed as anything Disney has done the past 10 years in Orlando.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. IoA is a HIGHLY detailed park in every respect, whether you're blind to it or not. Universal doesn't cut corners with their new additions. They may have gone through a dark, stagnant period from 2003-2007 due to financial and ownership issues, but they've emerged from that better, and now have a very solid footing.

They're pushing themselves forward. Whether they succeed in doing so remains to be seen, but at least they're trying to wow people.

Test Track goes 101 with more frequency than Forbidden Journey. And I dunno what you mean by took their time. It took 3 years to build, and it by far one of the most popular and financially successful theme park additions of all time. They knocked it out of the park and will do so again with Phase II.

ITS ONE OF THE MOST POPLUAR MOVIES/BOOKS EVER! ofcourse its poluar!!!!AND OF COURSE IT WILL DO WELL!...I didnt care for it and still think it could be done better! end of story!

Captain Chaos

DUDE CHILL OUT! Im saying the AREA felt cramped to me and was a design flaw and its should have been more spread out. IM not just talking about the ride breaking down Im talking about the ride in general. its basically an actually moving soarin. and most of those rides listed are ones where the ride stops for handicapped people so....yah. DO YOU WORK FOR DISNEY OR SOMETHING????how do you know all your information?

Actually, the rides BROKE DOWN... I know that certain rides stop to let handicapped people on... But when CMs are standing in front of the ride telling people the ride is currently down, that isn't just letting a handicapped person on...

And it is not a design flaw... it was designed that way cause JK Rowling wanted it to be that way...

And all you have to do is read here and elsewhere to see how Disney spreads the money around from quarter to quarter, from fiscal year budget to fiscal year budget...

Captain Chaos

wrong....that ride was gone...doesnt count at all. HALF of the people who go today probably dont even know what it was or care.

Wrong.. the ride DOES count... Fact is, there WAS a ride on that land, was shut down, filled in, had a place holder put in (playground) until a replacement was greenlit... Fantasyland gets greenlit, we have our 20K replacement... But keep spinning to try to make it sound otherwise...

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well... wasn't the playground just a placeholder??? In reality, it is still a ride replacing a ride...

Placeholder or not, 20k shut down in what, 1996? And in the interim it was replaced with a non-ride attraction. Now the FLE is bringing a coaster into that same area, replacing the attraction.

Captain Chaos

All depends on your starting point. If my portfolio goes up $1,000 this month, I would say I'm $1,000 better off than I was at the start of the month. Of course, if my portfolio went down $1,000 in December and I measured from December 1 to now, I'm in no better position. Doesn't make the observation that I made money in January wrong, though.

If we measure from when the FLE was announced/concieved to it's end, we're up a Dumbo spinner, a family coaster, and dark ride, and down a different dark ride. That's plus 2. Sure you could decide to measure from an earlier point in time based on what was on the property then, but the closure of 20K had nothing to do with FLE, so it doesn't make sense to put that on FLE. Put it on Disney as a company for killing the subs and waiting 15 years to do anything, but don't put it on FLE.

It still is one ride replacing another... Doesn't matter how you look at it.. 20K was there, shut down, filled in until a replacement was greenlit... And that is now Mermaid... So we are still at a plus 1 if you count the extra Dumbo spinner...

disney fan 13

It still is one ride replacing another... Doesn't matter how you look at it.. 20K was there, shut down, filled in until a replacement was greenlit... And that is now Mermaid... So we are still at a plus 1 if you count the extra Dumbo spinner...

as i said disney's potter swatter:rolleyes:

bullsforthewin

Kinda like you...everything you praise about Universal is wrong...and every complaint about Disney is wrong too

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom