News New 'Disney Thrills Ticket' offers low price for 2 or 3 day Walt Disney World theme park admission

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Plenty of profits to be had inside. Maybe, just maybe, lower ticket prices yield higher revenue

Yep. And then FL Residents get criticized for not spending enough on overinflated food and merch options while they pay for overinflated ticket and parking prices.

I'd be more apt to spend in park, if I weren't getting bent over the minute I entered the parking lot and used my "special discounted resident ticket" for admission.

JohnD

Yep. And then FL Residents get criticized for not spending enough on overinflated food and merch options while they pay for overinflated ticket and parking prices.

I'd be more apt to spend in park, if I weren't getting bent over the minute I entered the parking lot and used my "special discounted resident ticket" for admission.
It's not just that but the lower ticket prices might yield more visitors at the gate which make up for the higher ticket prices.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It's not just that but the lower ticket prices might yield more visitors at the gate which make up for the higher ticket prices.

Are you suggesting that lowering the price on the barrier to entry could lead to higher per-guest spending once inside, because they'd have more money to spend once inside the park and wouldn't necessarily have such a negative attitude due to the high ticket prices? Preposterous!!! I think Bob and Josh just had a collective myocardial infarction at someone even suggesting such poppycock.

:)

FWIW - A 7 day park hopper starting the Saturday after President's Day? Well over $800. Pardon my French, but that is ri-****ing-diculous.

DisneyNorthFan

I'm not sure why this deal is surprising ... it's not as good a deal as offered in prior years and is during what is always the slowest time period for Disney.

I wish I could travel this time of year, and take advantage of a deal like this ... but alas, I don't meet the requirements.

JohnD

I'm not sure why this deal is surprising ... it's not as good a deal as offered in prior years and is during what is always the slowest time period for Disney.

I wish I could travel this time of year, and take advantage of a deal like this ... but alas, I don't meet the requirements.
Yeah. I think the fact that your profile pic is of Ohio is a pretty good clue as to why you don't qualify. I do like that it extends to mid-March. Technically still winter but really Spring weather.

fgmnt

One thing i find relatively mind boggling is how Disney can’t pitch in a paltry 10% food discount across their resort for passholders and DVC. They had great AP discounts 5 years ago when they had not done any significant capital work in the park in years but… pretty pathetic listing of table service only since then.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We don't like AP holders and locals...

until we need them

please come back - Bob needs a new pair of shoes

That’s ALWAYS been the deal…

The difference now? It’s been since at least mid 2022 that CRS knew their forecasts were heading to the toilet…and not only have they NOT pivoted to APs…they even increased the prices a few months ago as another “finger extension” to them.

The rumor 5 years ago was Slaphead declared war on APs…on both coasts. They lost the battle quickly in Anaheim and now are entrenched on the eastern front…

It was never Slaphead…which should never have been in doubt

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
One thing i find relatively mind boggling is how Disney can’t pitch in a paltry 10% food discount across their resort for passholders and DVC. They had great AP discounts 5 years ago when they had not done any significant capital work in the park in years but… pretty pathetic listing of table service only since then.
Because they need money…and don’t want to give up easy profits like products and quickserves

JohnD

The purchase page has been down all morning. I guess its overloaded with people trying to purchase tickets.

SamusAranX

Are you suggesting that lowering the price on the barrier to entry could lead to higher per-guest spending once inside, because they'd have more money to spend once inside the park and wouldn't necessarily have such a negative attitude due to the high ticket prices? Preposterous!!! I think Bob and Josh just had a collective myocardial infarction at someone even suggesting such poppycock.

:)

FWIW - A 7 day park hopper starting the Saturday after President's Day? Well over $800. Pardon my French, but that is ri-****ing-diculous.
I can fly to Peru and stay in an Airbnb in Lima for 3 nights for that price (which is what I’m doing later this year). Why ANY family would pay that for a week boggles my mind. Maybe as a one time experience if you’ve never been. But a yearly vacation with no new rides except Tiana coming, AND now having to pay for Genie+ every day for a few people, AND higher resorts prices, and now needing to pay to get yourself and bags to onsite, AND needing a spreadsheet to all but plan your day.

I feel blessed to be Pixie passholder. Yeesh

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was going to say. This is more like 45 minute at a ride that should not be.

Not really the demand as much as bad operation.

New sales and promotions have always had trouble from the DRC and such.
They’re likely having a “busy week”…lb for lb…

But next week will be clear

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom