new disney spring cast services building

mm121

Original Poster
can anyone possibly explain / show on a map where this is located?

0614+PI+040.JPG

mm121

Original Poster
the west side of the parking lot north of Cirque

oh ok, in that area that was fenced off a long time ago,

i wonder if this means they will be making the marketplace garage slightly bigger, as the old cast building was in the way of maximizing its size

roj2323

oh ok, in that area that was fenced off a long time ago,

i wonder if this means they will be making the marketplace garage slightly bigger, as the old cast building was in the way of maximizing its size

Probably not as they are taking the original cast building and splitting it into 3 buildings. East side, west side and across the street next to the Hess. Additionally you have to remember that they are doubling the size of downtown disney so that will bring more workers than there is now.

jt04

Probably not as they are taking the original cast building and splitting it into 3 buildings. East side, west side and across the street next to the Hess. Additionally you have to remember that they are doubling the size of downtown disney so that will bring more workers than there is now.

That is all good news.

mm121

Original Poster

saw the new west side and accross the street buildings today.. any word on where the east side building will be? is that a new new one or simply preserving the original one close to the market place?

the two buildings appeared to be the same design, just not sure what the open deck area on the second floor is for, the way its built with a wall around it does seem to imply that it hassome purpose in mind

mm121

Original Poster
judging from how close the new "accross the street" one is, to the OLD one, I'd guess its going to be moved closer to the maketplace and rebuilt. as they most likely need the land of the old one for ramps in and out of the marketplace garage.

the timing also seem to make since, as they would need to have the new accross the street one and the west side ones complete, to begin using them before the existing one can be shut down and demolished prior to commencement of construction for the marketplace garge

Attachments

• ds.jpg
    ds.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 100

roj2323

saw the new west side and accross the street buildings today.. any word on where the east side building will be? is that a new new one or simply preserving the original one close to the market place?

the two buildings appeared to be the same design, just not sure what the open deck area on the second floor is for, the way its built with a wall around it does seem to imply that it hassome purpose in mind

the east side one will be behind the toy store and CoOp building. Eventually that parking lot is going to be closed entirely.
DisneySprings.jpg

mm121

Original Poster
thanks,

its really too bad they aren't incorporating some kind of transit allong the outside edge of disney springs on the parking garage side to get from west side to marketplace like atrolly or something. as an alternative for when the boats aren't running.

its also curious that they aren't expanding the west side while they are expanding the rest, i mean i know they added some things, but i mean like physical footprit, like using the field back by house of blues, or building something where the trailers are behind sole, or back into that parking lot,

they could add a zone called the riverlands or something back where the lake turns ito a river so disney springs surrounds all of the lake.. would be cool.

the east side one will be behind the toy store and CoOp building. Eventually that parking lot is going to be closed entirely.
DisneySprings.jpg

anchorman314

I wonder if they'll be moving the Wheelchair / ECV rental location. If the only handicapped parking spots are in the garage, that could be quite the hike for those needing to rent something.

Mouse Detective

Don't know how accurate that map is any more. It shows the East Parking garage but not the West, while as we know the West is the only thing being currently built. The map shows the old Soundstage club as gone but newer plans show it still being used for something. The map shows the round music amphitheater next to the Boat House but it doesn't show the Hangar restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom