New Disney Bus Paint Scheme

DocMcHulk

hmmmmmm...

monorail_5_60.jpg
your image didnt work, so i fixed it.

disneygirl1024

Maybe it is just me but when I think of the name "Disney" I instantly default to Walt. Even though I know that Roy was probably more instrumental in make WDW happen than anyone, Walt is the face of the company and the name. So it just does not get my dander up when I just see the name "Disney".

I was thinking the same exact thing. Very sad to me that he is slowing being phased out. If it wasn't for him and his brother WDL wouldn't exist.

RAXIP

from The Hub:
A new bus in town
01/31/2013

Cast Members and Guests traveling on roadways at the Walt Disney World Resort may notice a new bus in town.

bus%252520paint.png
This Nova bus model features the new bus design scheme.

The new bus design scheme makes its debut on a Nova bus model in our bus fleet this week. The colors and design elements were developed with safety in mind and feature reflective vinyl, which improves visibility. The silver and red color scheme also complements the bus drivers’ costume.

bus%252520paint%252520night.png

Look for more of these designs to be added to the bus fleet this summer.

jakeman

Does anyone remember the buses from the 80s? They had a burnt orange stripe and that was it. It changed to a purple stripe and then some time in the 90s to the design they are currently phasing out.

There was one time though when all three designs were on property.

I'm trying to find a picture of it online, but I guess when film was more valuable back then folks didn't waste it on buses. :cool:

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Does anyone remember the buses from the 80s? They had a burnt orange stripe and that was it. It changed to a purple stripe and then some time in the 90s to the design they are currently phasing out.

There was one time though when all three designs were on property.

I'm trying to find a picture of it online, but I guess when film was more valuable back then folks didn't waste it on buses. :cool:

"Disney Bus Paint History."

Disney_Transport_Bus%2C_Early_1980s_%282789308761%29.jpg

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
LOL well it looks like they now feature actual reflectors embedded in the side. Looking at the that pic after dark it looks like the whole side will reflect back like a rear reflector light.

You understand the absurdity of them trying to tell me that White is not highly visible. I get it, they're putting reflective paint on the buses.

Of course the majority of bus accidents happen in the load zones because they weren't built right bit thats a different story....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom