New Discount? Disney+ subscribers only

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Upvote 0

Club34

Slightly off topic, but is it true that Disney does NOT offer Disney+ in their hotel rooms? I haven't been since Disney+ went live. I figured it would be no brainer to give guests a taste while on vacation to stay in the mood and then hopefully net some more subscribers with little downside on their end. I don't know if any of those room TVs are "smart TVs" so perhaps there are some infrastructure barriers.

Upvote 0

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Huh??

…well summer demand is “soft”….not sure on what having Disney Netflix has to do with it?…but whatevs
Brand Synergy. If you want to pay slightly less for your overpriced Disney rooms, then maybe you'll sign up for Disney+.

Why give a discount to the general public, when you can give a discount to guests who are already paying members of the Disney ecosystem.

25 % is the usual customary AP discount for summer. This doesn't bode well for hopes of Summer AP discounts.

If there are any AP holders left.

Upvote 0

MissViv

Just booked for September and got the GF 25% off - YAY!!

We were going last week of October but moved it to Sept. & staying at WL (without a discount of course).

Upvote 0

Kingoglow

Just booked for September and got the GF 25% off - YAY!!

We were going last week of October but moved it to Sept. & staying at WL (without a discount of course).
I looked at the Grand, but then compared its price to that of Wilderness Lodge and couldn't resist the lower price.

Upvote 0

MissViv

W
I looked at the Grand, but then compared its price to that of Wilderness Lodge and couldn't resist the lower price.
My daughter really wanted WL but they only had a King Size available so we booked GF. We have never stayed there and are really looking forward to it because of the proximity to MK. We plan on doing a Halloween party if they have them this year.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Brand Synergy. If you want to pay slightly less for your overpriced Disney rooms, then maybe you'll sign up for Disney+.

Why give a discount to the general public, when you can give a discount to guests who are already paying members of the Disney ecosystem.

25 % is the usual customary AP discount for summer. This doesn't bode well for hopes of Summer AP discounts.

If there are any AP holders left.
…mmmm huh

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Buyer beware. I just priced a weekend in September that I'd looked at a week ago just out of curiosity.

Disney appears to have jacked up the rates in the interim, such that the 25% "discount" is more like a savings of about $50/night over last week's rates, at least for the 3 particular deluxe rooms I looked at...obviously there might be better deals for some of the other rooms, but I'm not seriously planning a trip, so I didn't bother to price out other combinations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kingoglow

W

My daughter really wanted WL but they only had a King Size available so we booked GF. We have never stayed there and are really looking forward to it because of the proximity to MK. We plan on doing a Halloween party if they have them this year.
I do love the Grand. You will have a great time.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
Buyer beware. I just priced a weekend in September that I'd looked at a week ago just out of curiosity.

Disney appears to have jacked up the rates in the interim, such that the 25% "discount" is more like a savings of about $50/night over last week's rates, at least for the 3 particular deluxe rooms I looked at...obviously there might be better deals for some of the other rooms, but I'm not seriously planning a trip, so I didn't bother to price out other combinations.
Interesting to see that difference. I mean I think we all knew it wasn't truly a '25% discount', but cool to see someone saw the 'real' discount :)

$50 is $50 though I guess? /shrug

Upvote 0

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Slightly off topic, but is it true that Disney does NOT offer Disney+ in their hotel rooms? I haven't been since Disney+ went live. I figured it would be no brainer to give guests a taste while on vacation to stay in the mood and then hopefully net some more subscribers with little downside on their end. I don't know if any of those room TVs are "smart TVs" so perhaps there are some infrastructure barriers.
When I saw the thread title, that's the first thing that hit me -- unless you're OK with a small screen, or cast/wire your phone/pad/laptop to a TV in the room, you can't watch it while you're there*.

*Other than the "taste" they give away - the looping presentation you can't change.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom