New dining location - 'The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge' opens next week at the Studios

MickeyPeace

I Googled this story to see if anyone posted pics of the patio. Of course almost the exact information is presented in every Disney blog and Orlando newspaper but no one bothered to post pics because no one can be bothered to be an actual journalist anymore. Here's a challenge-find and post a clear, straight on pic of this well known but hardly photographed area.

draybook

Thanks I have never noticed them before. But then I just returned from an 11 day trip and then realized when I got home that there was a new Pirates attraction in HS that I completely did not notice or remember to do.
So either it's my mind failing, poor design of the park or a combo of both.

Trust me, you didn't miss anything.....

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Disney Parks Blog has info up -

HBD888000SMALL.jpg

Shaded by big umbrellas, guests can sip wine, beer and cocktails such as a classic Mint Gimlet (Nolet’s Silver Dry Gin, simply syrup, lime juice and fresh mint) or a Bloody Mary with Absolut Peppar Vodka. There are flights of martinis, Champagne, wines, Scotch and Grand Marnier. And wine by the glass or half bottle.

Small bites are on the menu and include artisanal cheeses, charcuterie, duck confit tacos, steamed Prince Edward Island mussels, Derby Cocktail with jumbo lump blue crab, black tiger shrimp, avocado and a horseradish-tomato juice, and two Derby Sliders—a Wagyu beef slider with cognac mustard aïoli, smoked gouda cheese, bacon and avocado; and a house-made chorizo slider with chipotle mayo, manchego cheese, pickles and crispy onions.

You can also just stop for dessert, with Chocolate Three Ways (praline milk chocolate cream, crunchy ganache and orange-chocolate mousse), a banana-white chocolate toffee tower on a cocoa-almond cookie and bananas Foster, or strawberry Champagne cheesecake.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, April 24. The corner of the Hollywood Brown Derby outdoor lounge has been walled off for construction. Perhaps a repair, because the concrete pavement has been removed in places behind the wall. The outdoor bar area is under the umbrellas against this wall.

IMG_5341.JPG

View from Starring Rolls café.

IMG_5342.JPG

Bolt

Photo update as of Friday, April 24. The corner of the Hollywood Brown Derby outdoor lounge has been walled off for construction. Perhaps a repair, because the concrete pavement has been removed in places behind the wall. The outdoor bar area is under the umbrellas against this wall.

View attachment 90792

View from Starring Rolls café.

View attachment 90793
My guess is that since this bar drew huge lines during SWW and Frozen they may either be creating something more permanent or something larger than just having space for one bartender.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom