New DDP and room charge tracking features in MDE app

Rob562

Original Poster
Looks like an update to the MDE app today is adding some interesting features for on-site guests: You'll be able to see the remaining credits on your Dining Plan, as well as keep track of purchases to your room charge account. You'll also be able to renew "eligible Annual Passes" in the app. (My guess is that FL Residents will still have to show continued proof of residency in-person)

If I were to hazard a guess, the dining plan and room charge tracking is a necessary step toward using the DDP and room charging for ordering meals in the app.

The AP renewal may also signal that AP discounts are coming to in-app meal ordering.

-Rob

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Looks like an update to the MDE app today is adding some interesting features for on-site guests: You'll be able to see the remaining credits on your Dining Plan, as well as keep track of purchases to your room charge account. You'll also be able to renew "eligible Annual Passes" in the app. (My guess is that FL Residents will still have to show continued proof of residency)

If I were to hazard a guess, the dining plan and room charge tracking is a necessary step toward using the DDP and room charging for ordering meals in the app.

The AP renewal may also signal that AP discounts are coming to in-app meal ordering.

-Rob
I think they got tired of me going up each morning and asking how many dining credits I had remaining.

Souvenir

Nice! I will love being able to see the charges posted to my account, simply to make sure everything is correct and I have no discrepancies. I hate saving receipts and it's inconvenient to go to the front desk every day or two for a print out.

donsullivan

Premium Member
One other thing this new release added is support for Apple's upcoming iOS11. If you are part of the public beta for that software you learned that MDE did not work at all- it just crashed on launch. This new release fixes that compatibility and the app 'seems' to work just fine on the latest beta release.

Note: Do not even consider using beta software on your phone or tablet unless you 100% understand the implications of that. It's not uncommon for there to be lots of bugs that impact the stability and usability of your device.

Last edited:

AshaNeOmah

I never thought they'd add viewing room charges to the app. Too easy to keep up with, and limit, spending if you can just check it on the app.

I figured I'd be spending blind for the next few decades.

Jahona

These are actually really nice features. The Dining Plan credits feature is great as I don't have to keep asking the restaurant or the front desk. I've never charged anything to the room but just seeing your purchases is handy.

Rob562

Original Poster
I did the update and the new features aren't showing up. We are going in January so maybe we are to far out to see it?

Since neither your room charging or dining plan are active until your check-in date, I'm not surprised you can't see anything right now...

-Rob

JaxFLBear

I did the update and the new features aren't showing up. We are going in January so maybe we are to far out to see it?

Since neither your room charging or dining plan are active until your check-in date, I'm not surprised you can't see anything right now...

-Rob
Once you've completed online check in, the room charge feature should appear.

I have the option to view charges for our upcoming September reservation (check in on 9/13, online check in has been completed).
I don't have the option for our upcoming December reservation (online check in available in 48 days).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom