New Dark Ride

If Disney was to build a New Dark Ride what film would you want it based on?

• Cinderella

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Lady & the Tramp

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 101 Dalmations

Votes: 15 8.7%
  • Jungle Book

Votes: 37 21.5%
  • The Rescuers

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • The Nightmare Before Christmas

Votes: 44 25.6%
  • Hercules

Votes: 17 9.9%
  • Tangled

Votes: 34 19.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Nightmare Before Christmas would be perfect material for a dark ride. Whether it's the overlay or not. Heck, it'd be absolutely stunning as an immersive land! Put it in Hollywood Studios since they're doing the full-land route. It'd be so cool with all the twists and turns... Have the main ride be a 4D experience, then another dark ride on the side. Yas.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
What are you suggesting?
Disney cannot give Stitch anything worthy. At all.

The tried SGE. They tried Tiki Room. They tried a dance show. They tried Stitch Mountain (just to be scrapped because they knew it would be terrible). So... Looks like Disney can't think of anything worthy for Stitch for whatever reason.

ToyStoryMiss

As much as I would love other films to get dark/thrill rides (BH6, Tangled, Jungle Book, etc), I would love to see them do something about 101 Dalmations! It’s of my personal favourites and it’s heavily underrepresented at the parks (what do they even have for it? the themed area at Movies?). I’d love to see something similar to Mr. Toad (such as the track layout/reckless driving sorta feel), only with actual AAs.

(If not..can they please bring the Pinocchio dark ride to MK? :happy:)

Thebolt

I'm not sure you can make the ride and then decide where to place it.
You need to find the location, and then decide what attraction could fit there.
e.g. Tomorrowland in MK, or Launch Bay in DHS....

TwilightZone

Disney cannot give Stitch anything worthy. At all.

The tried SGE. They tried Tiki Room. They tried a dance show. They tried Stitch Mountain (just to be scrapped because they knew it would be terrible). So... Looks like Disney can't think of anything worthy for Stitch for whatever reason.
I don't know, lots of people love Stitch Tiki Room. You can do something good with stitch, just early 00s disney was incapable of doing so for the most part. Just like their other IPs at the time.

aliceismad

I'd really like to see more Pixar in the parks (which might be an unpopular opinion, but I love Wall-E, Inside Out, Up, BH6, Monsters, etc.). The storytelling that Pixar puts out is pretty great.

I also love Nightmare Before Christmas. Something heavily stylized like that would be a neat thing to see take shape.

Yenfid

Original Poster
Okay after sometime to think here’s my ideas for the rides. All would be a trackless ride system.

Lady and the Tramp would be off of Main Street, maybe off the side street. The ride vehicles could be hat boxes

Cinderella could be where the old Snow White Ride was in fantasyland and the ride vehicle would be pumpkins

101 Dalmatians would be in fantasyland, maybe where philharmagic is and the ride vehicles would be, I don’t know, Horace and jaspers truck or a kinine krunchie bag

The Rescuers would in fantasyland where the Brave meet and greet is. The ride vehicles would be oversized leafs with Evanrude on the stem

Nightmare would be in Hollywood Studios and the ride vehicle would be bath tubs

Hercules in Epcot when the build Greece and the ride vehicles would be chariots

Tangled would be back by the tangled bathrooms and you would ride in lanterns

Jungle Book would be in Animal Kingdom in Asia and you would ride in either Kaa or a basket or jungle grass cars

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom