New Cruise line Ships

cjjudd

I can't wait until the two new ships are completed and put into the Disney fleet.
Does anyone have any new information about them, is there any word as to what the will be named ?

Tinkrbell

I think the Travel Channel show about DCL said the new ships were going to be finished in 2010 & 2011 or 2011 & 2012. It was one of those two year combinations, I just can't remember which one it is.

Upvote 0

Jarienn

Several years ago when Disney first started planning for the 3rd ship, the rumor was that it would be the Disney Dream. Not sure if that is still the case. They are keeping most of the details closely guarded secrets.

Upvote 0

HS0411

The two new ships are really going to be longer, taller, and wider than the Wonder and Magic.

Maiden voyages are set for 2011 and 2012. They are currently being constructed in a northern Germany shipyard. We actually just opened offices in London to help oversee the operations in Germany.

Names have not been decided yet, but one name is to be rumored the Dream. It's based off the Disneyland Resort Hotel in CA towers (Magic, Wonder, and Dream).

Itineraries have only been released through the end of 2009. Nothing new (like Mexico/Cali or the Med). Rumors are to go to Alaska and Hawaii (with the new DVC resort there).

Castaway Cay will be as busy as ever with the new ships and is being prepared accordingly.

I think that's it in a nutshell...

Upvote 0

WaltsApprentice

Ya I said something to one of the ship captains at the castaway club get together. I mentioned about the new ships...and wondering about the names and he said they have not said yet what they are but he said he has seen the plans and he says they look amazing! I mention that it should be called the Imagination (Figment be the godfather of the ship...Tinkerbelle is the godmother of the Wonder) and he just smiled about it. He says they are thinking about holding a contest for the names. And they also said they are thinking about going to Alaska and Hawaii. And also like the above posts...they also said about that the wonder and magic maybe at the current port...and the new ones going to other desentations...or maybe the other way around....

Do you think they will expand Castaway Cay to hold two ships?? but I don't think they will ever have two ships at the same time...two crowded.

I too was there last Week... March 2-6 :D

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

We just got off the Wonder on Thursday and spoke with Captain John on Wednesday...He said the first would be 2011 and the second would follow in 2012. They will be 150ft longer, 2 decks higher, & 30ft wider. We also spoke with the cruise director Ray and he said that most likely the home port will be Canaveral and the Magic & Wonder would most likely move to another home port.

How was your cruise?? We leave next month to for a 5 day bahamian trip on the wonder. This'll be a first cruise for our girls and our first Disney cruise..Can wait ..Hope your trip was good! Any Tips??

Upvote 0

SallyShine

Make sure you spend the whole day at Castaway Cay. It is absolutely fabulous! By far the best part of the cruise. Don't miss any shows, either. Also, there are tons of photo opportunities for the kids. You will have the vacation of a lifetime! Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom