new country in World showcase

boothj

Original Poster
As a new member, i find it fascinating reading other peoples views on what new country should be added to WSC. I had heard that Brazil was a definite, strange choice, what would the pavilion be like? The only ideas that come to mind are Brazilia and SugarLoaf mountain, but the latter would have to include the Christ statue on top, and Disney, quite rightly, steer away from religion.

The second rumour is Spain, wonderful country, but too similar to Mexico as a culture? Even thought the Mexico pavilion has Aztec themes, the interior always reminds me of Spain. Russia? No thanks, bad experiences there personally, (and i am a very well behaved person!), India, could be interesting, and Australia would provide a land from the other side of the world with great pavilion opportunities - The sydney Opera House could look stunning, Ayres Rosk wouldn't work, it's famous for being 'big' - recreating it on a small scale defeats the point.

But the number one choice for me would have to yet another European nation, Ireland. Alright, i'm biased, but think of the possibilities, a state of the art scary dark ride "Ride of the Banshee" - restaurants featuring great Irish quisine, Guiness, Waterford Crystal, an Irish pub (every city has one!), the possibilities are endless. And, think of the business, masses of Irish visitors, (Aer Lingus has direct flights!) ex-pats, and practically the whole of America claiming Irish ancestry! Céad milé Failte!

And finally, in common with most writers, Disney, please, please fix Journey into Imagination, or as my partner and I now call it, Journey into "lack of" Imagination. At least the song is still catchy!

Reddog

I would like to see Egypt and/or Greece added to World Showcase.

Also, this topic should probably be in General Discussion.

MaryJaneP

Without an actual rumor or news of a new country being added, I agree this thread should be in General Discussion. Pending that move, I think it would be a scary dark ride if they added North Korea to WS

Clamman73

It's an interesting question...Having Ireland in that spot b/t China and Germany would work well since there would be a difference in the countries, and it would be located opposite the lagoon of UK. People have a familiarity w/ Ireland, but many haven't been there and I think they would enjoy the types of gifts available and the Guinness!!!

boothj

Original Poster
Egypt - great idea

An Egyptian pavilion is a great idea! Pyramids, Luxor, mummies, the Nile, Imagineers get your engines running!!

The Empress Lilly

Ireland would be immensly popular and we all know it.

Would it be one European country too many? Yes, probably, but then, I think it is what a majority of guests would enjoy. I would also love to see Switzerland and the Netherlands added. Spain and Russia too. :shrug:

Argentinia, South Africa, Egypt would all make fine additions. But the real omission to me is South Asia. Home to a quarter of the world's population, the cradle of thousands of years of unique civilizations. India would be my first choice if the goal is to make WS feel truly global.
If not South Asia, then my second choice would be Southeast Asia - Thailand, Indonesia and the like. Great cuisines, great architecture, great heritage, large and important countries.

Gumpy13

I agree they need to announce a new country already since the rumors and speculation has been going on for years. I would love ireland but do not see it coming with UK already there and so close. Egypt would be great and a lot of things to do with it. A Spain or Greece leave lots of options but not sure another European country is good idea or not. Russia seems like a good thought. I do like the thought of a South American country or Australia idea because neither of those are represented at all and I am sorry but Mexico is not South America. Anyway they do it they need to bring in a well though out ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom