New Construction for Midway Mania

darthjohnny

Original Poster
I don't know if this has been posted, nor do I care to do a search.

But this weekend I saw construction by the old Millionaire attraction where they have ripped out the walls. Clearly, they are expanding the building.

I have always been a little hazy on the Midway Mania rumor because it has been around so long, and nothing has been confirmed, but now I am pretty sure something big is on the way. :)

jedimaster1227

While neither versions of Midway Mania have been officially confirmed, the Disneyland version recieved obvious confirmation when one of the construction trailers had a flyer posted to it with the project title: "Toy Story Midway Mania." Our version at MGM Studios hasn't recieved any hard evidence that has been seen yet, but every single WDW news source (both online and off) have confirmed that we are getting Midway Mania here too. That kind of mass-confirmation doesn't come often, and in this case its only a matter of time (hopefully a matter of weeks) until the announcement is made.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
While neither versions of Midway Mania have been officially confirmed, the Disneyland version recieved obvious confirmation when one of the construction trailers had a flyer posted to it with the project title: "Toy Story Midway Mania." Our version at MGM Studios hasn't recieved any hard evidence that has been seen yet, but every single WDW news source (both online and off) have confirmed that we are getting Midway Mania here too. That kind of mass-confirmation doesn't come often, and in this case its only a matter of time (hopefully a matter of weeks) until the announcement is made.

Feb. 5th ? :lol:

jedimaster1227

Feb. 5th ? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think the Disney Texas announcement will be too big to share space with a meager sized project along the lines of Midway Mania... I was thinking January 26th. Disney Texas should be a pretty nifty resort... :animwink: :rolleyes: :animwink:

Piebald

I can confirm that I saw a blueprint for this attraction. I saw PIXAR and TOY STORY written on it, everything else was obviously hard to decipher. I posted this in another thread. I haven't walked by the building in a few weeks, but I do know the building was gutted a few months ago and they were doing a bunch of electrical rewiring. It's VERY noisy at times if you're by One Man's and especially Narnia. No significant progress has been made though that I am aware of other than the pushing of the construction wall. I'm pretty sure they're removing the big metal structure that was in front of WWTBAM.

darthjohnny

Original Poster
Thanks for the update, is it possible to post any pictures of the work you could see?

Sorry, I was thinking about posting the pics on this site when I saw it. But I didn't have a camera with me. If you go to MGM, you will see over the construction walls that the entire side of the wall is missing.

Rob562

Sorry, I was thinking about posting the pics on this site when I saw it. But I didn't have a camera with me. If you go to MGM, you will see over the construction walls that the entire side of the wall is missing.

That's not necessarily a sign that they're expanding the size of the building. It could just have been done to allow large construction equipment or pieces of the ride easier access into the building.

-Rob

PhilharMagician

If i am remebering correctly, Lee threw some info around here that the WDW version should be completed first and that they would be themed differantly between DL and WDW. So take as much salt as you need with this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom