New Cinderella Dinner Experience

tkdmom

We are planning a trip in mid-August. We had been to the Storybook lunch in Norway in October and loved it. All of the royal princesses were there and we had a great time.

I wanted to get back into that lunch and had no problem last week. However, the characters are significantly different. As of a couple of weeks ago, per the CM, they have changed the princesses and Cinderella DOES NOT appear here anymore. You get Ariel, Aurora, Alice in Wonderland, Pocahantas, and Belle. This is for the lunch and dinner; I did not inquire about breakfast.

The CM told me about a new dinner at 1900 Park Fare. It includes Cinderella, Prince Charming, the Fairy Godmother, Suzie, and Pearla (the mice). Obviously, I booked it right away.

I'm new to the forums and did not know if this had been out there yet. Hope it helps anyone looking for their princess to meet Cinderella.

I went to breakfast at the castle in April. Cinderella was there of course, but you only see her for pictures in the lobby. I was actually disapointed with the turn-out of the princesses there that day. I saw Wendy, Fairy Godmother, Aurora, and Belle. I was expecting many more princess-y princesses. Oh well, Belle my favorite made it, and it was so much fun. Hope you enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

orangewarrior

Of all the character meals we have attended the last few years, since 2003, this was by far the most disappointing. The food was mediocre, and the characters were less than engaging. Suzy and Perla seemed to spend some time sharing an experience with us, but Prince Charming and Cinderella were a a quick sign the book and snap a picture and be on their way. I know they are pressed for time, but we have always had better experiences with character dining.

Also, I don't know how "new" the Park Fare dinner is. We attended in June of 2005, although it may have been Nov 2004.

Hopefully, you'll have a better experience than us.

Upvote 0

isitingood

Cinderella

is only at 1900 Park Fare for Dinner. I stayed at the GF 2 weeks ago and saw Cinderella,Pearla,Suzie,Prince Charming and Aurora was in the lobby. As for Akershus Princees storybook the food was terrible even though I saw Cinderella,Jasmine,Snow White,Belle,Aurora and Ariel was in the lobby. I could have just went to the different countries in Epcot and seen all the princesses without eating that terrible food:cry: I saw Mulan in China,Jasmine with Genie in Morocco and Aurora, Belle and Snow White with Dopey in America:lol: Good luck and have lots of fun:wave:

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Good to see Ariel getting more play than just her grotto. That place is the absolute worst line in WDW. She takes 20 minute breaks every half hour or so. We had to wait through 2 breaks once. NEVER AGIAN if there is a line. She does spend A-LOT of time though. Maybe they could find a spot for her at TLS in the remodel. That would be cool. I mean, they do have SEVERAL Mickeys in each park. Too bad you have to go to the raw fish meal to see her. Yuck!

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

SO OVERALL is the akersus ( or however you spell it)storybook breakfast at epcot worth it??? we have reservation sthere for breakfast and at cindy's castle for lunch..I know we had breakfast at the castle one year and the food in plain english sucked!!!! The only reason we are doing it again is for our girls.....but is the one in epcot worth it?? We always and did it this year as well have reservations at chef mickey's which is my absolute fav.....any imput wuld be great.

Upvote 0

isitingood

Akershus Is horrible the service was pretty good but the food was just plain awful. I can see the different princesses in the different countries.:wave:

Upvote 0

Miss Bell

We did the Askerhaus breakfast last summer, and thought the food was pretty good... If it is princesses you are looking for, I think that is your best bet. I always feel rushed at the castle breakfast, and prefer to go there for lunch or dinner. (Cinderella's not there for dinner anymore, though she does pose for pictures in the throne room beforehand.)

I do have to say though, my daughter's 14 now, so we don't need the characters to stay very long to get a picture of her rolling her eyes with a "I can't believe my parents are still making me get my picture taken with Sleeping Beauty" look on her face.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

A couple of people in our group went last year to the princess dinner and were not impressed. They didn't get the greatest variety of characters, but they really didn't like the service and food. They described the place a disaster as far as dining experiences went that trip (for example...frozen cookies, cold food, and a server who didn't remove plates once). This could have just been a one time thing of course and if it is something that appeals to you then I would say go for it anyway.

Upvote 0

jiddng

I just came back 2 weeks ago, where I had 1 dinner at Norway Akershus, and Cinderella's Royal Table on another night.

At Akershus, we took pics with Ariel, then was visited tableside by Belle, Jasmine, Aurora, and Snow White. We had a cranky 3 year old with us, and the princesses were just fantastic with their patience for her. Somehow we managed to get great pics of her with all of her princesses.

At Cinderella's Royal Table, our only interaction with Cinderella was the pic as you came in. Suzy and Perla were the only ones who would go around the tables for pics/autographs. The Fairy Godmother only presided over the program, and Prince Charming was nowhere to be seen.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom