"New" China film

jedimusik

Original Poster
I saw the China film this weekend and was a little disappointed that most of the film is not new. There's just a few new shots of Shanghai and Hong Kong and a couple of others. I was expecting the whole thing to be new, instead it's approx. 75% same as previous film.

Was this going to be a completely new film at one point? Or was it always just going to be an "update?"

rzalaskus

Originally posted by jedimusik
I saw the China film this weekend and was a little disappointed that most of the film is not new. There's just a few new shots of Shanghai and Hong Kong and a couple of others. I was expecting the whole thing to be new, instead it's approx. 75% same as previous film.

Was this going to be a completely new film at one point? Or was it always just going to be an "update?"

That was to point. The mission was to update the film with scenes of modern Shanghai and Pundog and the new SAR territories of Hong Kong (1997) and Macao (1999). The idea was not to create a new film.

ISTCrew20

I saw it the day it first opened, and I though the Stone Garden thing was Skimdidlyuptious-(cool, pass it on, its my new word everybody)

jedimusik

Original Poster
Originally posted by room1313@TTZTOT
I saw it the day it first opened, and I though the Stone Garden thing was Skimdidlyuptious-(cool, pass it on, its my new word everybody)

You mean the stone forest? It is cool - but it's not new - that was from the old film. There is new footage from the ice sculpture gardens however.

dox

I guess the fact that it is not completely new must explain why Disney hasn't publicized the new movie. It explains why the "change" was so low key.

jedimusik

Original Poster
Originally posted by dox
I guess the fact that it is not completely new must explain why Disney hasn't publicized the new movie. It explains why the "change" was so low key.

True. I was wondering why they hadn't been announcing it - now I know.

I should mention that it is still a good film, though.

dox

Alot of people knock the epcot flicks, but with the exception of the Norway film, they really are all pretty good. Even the 360 one at MK, which I can't remember the name now.

jedimusik

Original Poster
Originally posted by dox
Alot of people knock the epcot flicks, but with the exception of the Norway film, they really are all pretty good. Even the 360 one at MK, which I can't remember the name now.

Timekeeper. Which, unfortunately, is closed most of the time now. Robin Williams is hilarious in that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom