New characters and character redesigns

disneyphilip

Original Poster
When will the newly-redesigned Mr. Smee start making appearances at the parks?

When will the Tigger, Rebecca Cunningham, Brer Fox and Maid Marian redesigns be completed?

But unless I'm seeing things, I saw TDLFAN's photos of the Happiest Celebration kickoff ceremony and I think I saw a character that could be a refurbished Brer Fox...or it could just be Timon instead.

I already know that Jiminy Cricket and Genie have already gotten their redesigns and are now making appearances.

Also, drew smith told us at this board that after Halloween 2004, Horace Horsecollar & Clarabelle Cow would start coming out for meet-and-greets on a regular basis at the parks for the Happiest Celebration on Earth...and they haven't started doing sets yet!:(

When will Clarabelle & Horace or any other new or long-missing characters start making appearances at the parks for meets?

However, I did spot Horace in TDLFAN's Happiest Celebration kickoff ceremony photos.

I sure hope that someone like drew smith can answer these questions.

WDWKat26

Okay...well now i'll tell you what I know.

As of right now the only costumes that are going to be and have been redone are Genie and Jiminy.

Tigger, Rebecca Cunningham, Brer Fox and Maid Marian from what I know have not been scheduled to have anything redone nor will they be out doing sets (except for the original Tigger)

Also, as for Clarabelle and Horace they are not scheduled to do any meet and greets anytime soon. The only new characters to be coming out soon are Chicken Little Characters.

I've heard these rumors going around the entertainment dept. but as of right now you're gonna have to be satisfied with Genie and Jiminy. So grab a bag of popcorn, chill out and don't get your panties into a bunch if you don't hear anything anytime soon.

Atta83

disneyphilip said:

When will the Tigger, Rebecca Cunningham, Brer Fox and Maid Marian redesigns be completed?

But unless I'm seeing things, I saw TDLFAN's photos of the Happiest Celebration kickoff ceremony and I think I saw a character that could be a refurbished Brer Fox...or it could just be Timon instead.

I already know that Jiminy Cricket and Genie have already gotten their redesigns and are now making appearances.

Also, drew smith told us at this board that after Halloween 2004, Horace Horsecollar & Clarabelle Cow would start coming out for meet-and-greets on a regular basis at the parks for the Happiest Celebration on Earth...and they haven't started doing sets yet!:(

When will Clarabelle & Horace or any other new or long-missing characters start making appearances at the parks for meets?

However, I did spot Horace in TDLFAN's Happiest Celebration kickoff ceremony photos.

OK first and for most , most of these are RUMORS until someone who has acutally visited WDW parks and confirmed there locations and if they are going to be out. They might have these characters out at the DL parks but not at the WDW parks. Like I said these are rumors and I am sure if someone saw them they would put it on the board.

drew81

Don't put words in my mouth, Philip. I said that a friend of mine said it was possible that Horace and Clarabelle might be out. I never said it was a sure thing.

disneyphilip

Original Poster
drew smith said:
Don't put words in my mouth, Philip. I said that a friend of mine said it was possible that Horace and Clarabelle might be out. I never said it was a sure thing.

I'm sorry if I did put words in your mouth, Drew. That was not my intention.

Anyway, why'd this friend of yours say that it was possible that Clarabelle & Horace might come out for meets?

However, a couple of entertainment CMs have said that Clarabelle & Horace will start coming out for meets when they get new clothes. The reason why they're not doing meets right now as is, from what I was told, is that the outfits that they wore in the Halloween parade are impossible to wash and/or dry clean.

So, if that's the reason why, I sure hope that Horace & Clarabelle will get new cleanable outfits soon.

And what about the redesigned Mr. Smee? When is he supposed to start coming out?

I also recall hearing in the past that they've planned to bring a lot of characters that haven't made appearances in the parks in a long time back into the parks for meets during the HCoE, so I was wondering which ones...and I hope that whoever comes back, I hope that they'll start coming out soon.

Atta83

Were these questions not asked a while ago and no one knew the answer umm yeah like i said before, wait till someones sees and then you will have confirmation.

disneyphilip

Original Poster
I just found out from TDLFAN that both Horace and Clarabelle were among the characters that appeared onstage at the end of the HCoE kickoff ceremony on May 5th.

Even though the Fantasia Brooms (also parade-only characters) appeared on stage there too, I'd like to take Horace and Clarabelle's appearances at the ceremony as a good sign that they might start doing meets sometime soon or eventually, since the majority of the other characters there are ones that already do meets.

disneyphilip

Original Poster
Atta83 said:
Yes, but was this TDL or DL??

Neither one of those two.

Horace & Clarabelle were at the WDW HCoE kickoff ceremony only.

From what I understand and see, they mostly had different characters appear at each park's ceremony. Therefore, the WDW ceremony mostly had characters that did not appear at the DL ceremony. For example, Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Daisy appeared at the DL ceremony while Minnie and Pluto appeared at the WDW ceremony.

Sir Hiss527

Atta83 said:
Were these questions not asked a while ago and no one knew the answer umm yeah like i said before, wait till someones sees and then you will have confirmation.

No offense..but the person that started this thread..was just trying to see if there were rumors of new characters (costumes) coming out. They weren't trying to see when and how long it will take them to come out.

See, cause my brother is in Entertainment, and he told me that they TOLD HIM that they'll be making a new Tigger costume. So this person was just seeing if the rumors were true.

Atta83

No offense but I know your bro works in entertainment and such, but like I said I have heard rumors since 03 and well yeah havent seen one yet.

Sir Hiss527

I understand that these rumors have been going around..since 03, and I sure havn't seen any either.

I've been wondering if this rumors have actually been true for a while...so he (Disney Phillip) was trying to get some words from CM's, and asking them if they knew anything about the new costumes.

Sir Hiss527

Atta83 said:
Umm well obviously we havent heard. Since your bro is in entertainment then he should know then...

LOL...Well to tell you the truth, he really doesn't tell me much..cause he doesnt wanting me coming on this site, and blabbering about things.

disneyphilip

Original Poster
Sir Hiss527 said:
No offense..but the person that started this thread..was just trying to see if there were rumors of new characters (costumes) coming out. They weren't trying to see when and how long it will take them to come out.

Yep. I too have heard LOTS of rumors, reports and information from various entertainment CMs and managers at the parks, as well as on websites and message boards such as this, saying that old characters (Bernard & Bianca, Oliver & Doger, the Great Mouse Detective characters, Kit Cloudkicker, Flower, Roger Rabbit, Mowgli, Panchito, Jose Carioca, Darkwing Duck, Little John, Thumper, the 3 Little Pigs, the Big Bad Wolf, Rescue Ranger Chip 'n' Dale, etc.) would go back to doing meets at the parks one of these days, new characters (Horace & Clarabelle, Kim Possible & Ron Stoppable, Tinker Bell, Jessica Rabbit, Clarice Chipmunk, Marie, Abu, Lizzie McGuire, the Chicken Little characters, Figment, the Power Rangers, etc.) would be added to the parks, that some existing characters (like Genie, Jiminy Cricket, Mr. Smee, Tigger, Rebecca Cunningham, Brer Fox, Maid Marian, the Country Bears and Jaq & Gus-Gus) would be getting redesigns and that some parade-only characters (like the Blue Fairy) may start doing meets someday.

I know that some of the characters that I mentioned have already been brought back and that some of the mentioned redesigns have already been done. I just named them to give examples of what I'm trying to say.

But still, different people tell me different things, but the majority of the people that I've talked to have said that a lot of what's been discussed, talked about, passed around, etc. may very well end up happening, will happen eventually and/or have at least been talked about, but haven't recieved official confirmations yet.

I'm only sharing what I've heard and what the various people/sources have told me.

See, cause my brother is in Entertainment, and he told me that they TOLD HIM that they'll be making a new Tigger costume. So this person was just seeing if the rumors were true.

Sounds good.

Thanks for your help and support, SirHiss.

Atta83

Well see i work the same dept. and like to have ppl suprised and I dont share rumors much cause information gets crossed and I just dont do it. If I see a rare character out and about , like DW, then I post it. Other wise everything is a rumor unitl seen.

thimblekisses

Wow guys. It might me the enigmatic nature of reading text conversations, but it sure does seem like you guys are getting a little snippy. I hope I'm misreading.

It would be LOVELY to see new characters, but if not, THAT'S LOVELY TOO!

Since we KNOW Genie is getting a makeover, has this happened yet? Does anyone have pictures? I saw the new Jiminy, but I was not aware that Genie would be updated as well. Thanks! :wave:

Play nice!

PhotoDave219

disneyphilip said:

Didnt you ask this crapola several months back only to be told that they were strictly rumors? I seem to remember that....

disneyphilip

Original Poster
PhotoDave219 said:
Didnt you ask this crapola several months back only to be told that they were strictly rumors? I seem to remember that....

I take MAJOR offense to that comment!!!:mad:

You just insulted me, PhotoDave!:mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom