News New 'Capture Your Moment' service allows you to book an in-park PhotoPass session at the Magic Kingdom

Touchdown

What a ridiculous money grab, clearly they are still looking to cut costs of photopass. You know what will get people too book this? How about severely cutting down on non photopass CMs out in the parks

drizgirl

I'd pay for this in the half hour before they let other guests into the park. But that's not what they're doing. Nothing they do can clear the other guests so it's pot luck what you'll end up with. I don't see how this is any different from what you can get standing in a few PP lines on your own already.

celluloid

So there are trained hospitality CMs staffed always willing to take photos, there are photopass teams dedicated to capture moments as that is literally, the concept.

So this is either redundant, admitting you are cutting back photopass offerings and charging more than ever, or confirming you are offering inferior service standards than previously.

natatomic

The ONLY people I can think this would be convenient for are people planning on proposing. Not that it couldn’t be done with photopass as is, because it happens probably every day, but some people plan elaborate proposals and might want that photographer availability set in stone.

I still think it’s ridiculous but if that’s how someone wants to spend their money...

Epcot82Guy

The idea itself isn't a bad one. It's the fact we all fear (likely with good reason) that this will be coupled by a cost. If they want to add on premium services but keep the base at or above the same level, that's great! Allow people to buy something special if they want it. But, not at the detriment of other guests - especially when you are charging more for the base (now potentially lower) experience.

SpectroMagician

Apparently I am one of the few who think this ia a great idea. Seems reasonably priced too. If you are going for a week with your family you probably have already purchased MM, and of course anyone with an annual has it.

This is perfect for people who plan on proposing. Would be perfect if you wanted to do it in front of something like the Tangled Tower, or Haunted Mansion, or with a specific angle of the castle. Also good for anyone who wants to take pictures in front of something that is special to them and not just the generic ones where the PP people are always set up. Will definitely consider doing it on our next family trip as a fun thing to do.

dreamfinder

It really targets people looking to capture special moments IE proposals. Historically if you went and talked to the CMs at the desk, they would try to work some magic and get a floater photographer where you were going to be, this just guarantees it. Also lets you get pictures at the place that may be special to YOU not the predefined locations.

David Giles

Apparently I am one of the few who think this ia a great idea. Seems reasonably priced too. If you are going for a week with your family you probably have already purchased MM, and of course anyone with an annual has it.

This is perfect for people who plan on proposing. Would be perfect if you wanted to do it in front of something like the Tangled Tower, or Haunted Mansion, or with a specific angle of the castle. Also good for anyone who wants to take pictures in front of something that is special to them and not just the generic ones where the PP people are always set up. Will definitely consider doing it on our next family trip as a fun thing to do.

I agree and will probably book it, but only once in a 3 week trip. I just hope the other 13 days of park attendance aren’t affected.

KBLovedDisney

CMs taking people pictures, then robots taking people pictures, then CMs taking robot pictures, next it will be robots taking pictures of people robots
tenor.gif

Creathir

CM gets $15 an hour. Disney charges you $150 an hour for them to take your picture.

Family walking by will take my picture for free!

If they offered unique/normally off limits spots then it might be worth it. Or if they were professional photographers....
Wonder how long until they start banning professional camera equipment in the park? (DSLRs) Sporting events already do this.

Creathir

Kind of pointless isn’t it? phones are almost at pro-level quality now.
Not quite... sure there is plenty that can be done, but there still is a noticeable difference in quality between a solid DSLR and a camera phone, particularly in regards to aperture and light sensitivity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom