New bus route to Blizzard Beach testing later this month

Computer Magic

That's not good for guest going to BB. Most are in their beach outfit, swimsuit, etc. Not that I care because I don't go to BB so its faster for me when going to AK during BB hours. I always hate that turn off to BB to see no one at the bus stop around 2pm in the day.

WWWD

With a potential of an additional 20 minute wait with each transfer, that makes for a long bus ride. Maybe Disney should do away with free dining and offer free cab ride vouchers instead. Next trip I really should keep track of how much time I spend waiting and riding busses during a week long vacation.

orky8

I remember a while back when we were kicking around why Monorail expansion doesn't make sense and one reason proffered was because it would take longer because the Monorail would use a hub and spoke system instead of point-to-point. We should have realized back then that Disney would have figured out a way to take away the advantage of the bus system to lower the guest experience even further. Dear Disney -- expand the monorail to hit major hub points, use the bus the as the spokes. This idea just plain sucks.

djlaosc

If they really just want to provide a "quicker route to Disney's Animal Kingdom, where the majority of guests on these shared route buses are heading", why not drop off guests at DAK first, and then on the way back to wherever it's going next (the same hotel, another hotel [not CSR//ASM/ASMu], drop off the remaining guests at Blizzard Beach?

That gets people to DAK quicker, but then the people wanting to go to Blizzard Beach don't have to wait for another bus - the only people it will slow down will be the people waiting for the bus at its next stop (and they would already be waiting - a couple more minutes won't affect them that much)

Computer Magic

If they really just want to provide a "quicker route to Disney's Animal Kingdom, where the majority of guests on these shared route buses are heading", why not drop off guests at DAK first, and then on the way back to wherever it's going next (the same hotel, another hotel [not CSR//ASM/ASMu], drop off the remaining guests at Blizzard Beach?

That gets people to DAK quicker, but then the people wanting to go to Blizzard Beach don't have to wait for another bus - the only people it will slow down will be the people waiting for the bus at its next stop (and they would already be waiting - a couple more minutes won't affect them that much)
Because people leaving AK don't want to stop at BB going back to the resort.

luv

Makes sense to me.

Not extremely convenient for those on their way to BB, but it's only one transfer. In the world of busses, one transfer isn't all that bad. :)

Computer Magic

Going from BW or YC/BC the bus currently stops at BB BOTH on the way to AK and from AK. The stops take 5 minutes at most.

If this test becomes permanent, I can't imagine bothering with the buses and will always take a rental car or taxi.
I agree with the second part. As for the 5 minutes that a static amount of time. It could 10 minutes or longer depending on people getting on and off. Let's not add the scooter factor into this. There is no sure thing when making any stop.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Going from BW or YC/BC the bus currently stops at BB BOTH on the way to AK and from AK. The stops take 5 minutes at most.

If this test becomes permanent, I can't imagine bothering with the buses and will always take a rental car or taxi.
That's what we do. Have never paid more than $250 for a 10 - 12 day rental (less in off season).
And now, imagine the freedom you will have.
Tired of paying $2.50 or a Snack Credit for a bottle of RO water? You can get a whole case of spring water at Publix for 4 bucks. Grab a 12 pack of beer for $8 - outrageous prices for us Canadians!
If you're on site for 12 days and only have 10 day passes, you can do a day trip - to the beach, the Florida Mall, or eek . . . Universal Studios.
No more 40-60 minute waits for an over-crowded SRO bus back to your resort after the park closes. Heck, most nights, you'll be back in your room, have already had a swim and will be getting ready for another fun packed day just as your fellow hotel mates are getting in.
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Rental cars are the only way to go.
Now I just have to take that next step in the evolutionary process and get out of the on-site rut and start staying in a bigger, better, slightly off-site room, like Bonnet Creek. Maybe this year. I know that once I do, I will never again stay at POP. Or any other over-priced Disney room.

luv

That's what we do. Have never paid more than $250 for a 10 - 12 day rental (less in off season).
And now, imagine the freedom you will have.
Tired of paying $2.50 or a Snack Credit for a bottle of RO water? You can get a whole case of spring water at Publix for 4 bucks. Grab a 12 pack of beer for $8 - outrageous prices for us Canadians!
If you're on site for 12 days and only have 10 day passes, you can do a day trip - to the beach, the Florida Mall, or eek . . . Universal Studios.
No more 40-60 minute waits for an over-crowded SRO bus back to your resort after the park closes. Heck, most nights, you'll be back in your room, have already had a swim and will be getting ready for another fun packed day just as your fellow hotel mates are getting in.
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Rental cars are the only way to go.
Now I just have to take that next step in the evolutionary process and get out of the on-site rut and start staying in a bigger, better, slightly off-site room, like Bonnet Creek. Maybe this year. I know that once I do, I will never again stay at POP. Or any other over-priced Disney room.
Yup, there are many pluses to having a car, over and above not having to transfer or wait at the bus stop. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom