• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

New book about the creation of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge now available for pre-order

AshaNeOmah

I'd rather have an art book of all the ideas that got cut from the final product. Before and after Disneyland plans gutted the DHS version.

choco choco

I'd rather have an art book of all the ideas that got cut from the final product. Before and after Disneyland plans gutted the DHS version.

Yep. The only way this book is worthwhile is to see all the various iterations beforehand. The plans from when the land was in alternate sites. The (I'm guessing) many, many blue sky attraction concepts. Numerous versions of various layouts. Showscenes that got rejected. Ride layouts that got simplified. Et cetera and et cetera. I'm not really interested in seeing things that are close to what we currently got.

JohnD

Yep. The only way this book is worthwhile is to see all the various iterations beforehand. The plans from when the land was in alternate sites. The (I'm guessing) many, many blue sky attraction concepts. Numerous versions of various layouts. Showscenes that got rejected. Ride layouts that got simplified. Et cetera and et cetera. I'm not really interested in seeing things that are close to what we currently got.

It's not the kind of book I would pre-order either. It's one I would have to pick up and leaf through to decide whether I would want to buy it. So as you said, things like concept art (including Tatootine and OT era) and plans for alternate sites would be interesting to see. So I'll just wait until I see it at a Disney gift shop or a bookstore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom