New Boats on Pirates

Fantastic show.

Haha, I don't make the decisions. Safety comes before show and efficiency according to the WDW policy. That is the safest and honestly the only way to get the stuck boats moving again without evacuating the entire ride. Pirates is a very old attraction, and unless the entire thing is gutted out and re-built up to modern standards, that is the only way of doing things. If the ride does need to be evacuated cast members must also go into the attraction, and into the water as well.

Animaniac93-98

Any reason why (from a show standards standpoint) Pirates is in such poor shape? I thought so the last time I was there and I've seen similar comments since. Malestrom and Splash have seen improvements and Small World is scheduled to go down, but why not Pirates?

Any reason why (from a show standards standpoint) Pirates is in such poor shape? I thought so the last time I was there and I've seen similar comments since. Malestrom and Splash have seen improvements and Small World is scheduled to go down, but why not Pirates?

Pirates actually did just recently have a short refurb, mostly to add the new boats and make a few changes to the down ramp. The attraction is huge, it's old and it's been neglected for many years. The actual mist screen with Blackbeard has recently been completely removed from the ride and there's no word on when that effect will come back (if ever).

The ride is a people eater, and closing it down for a significant amount of time would displace thousands of people per hour. There is an internal rumor going around that the attraction will close for almost an entire year, if not longer, this coming January. Pirates breaks down several times a week, if not daily. The ride is in desperate need of a complete refurbishment. I feel like upper management knows this but they're just waiting for the right time. There is no excuse for the condition Pirates is currently in...especially now with Fastpass+ creating longer lines at the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom