New backdrop at Fantasmic! today

col

WOW!!! so thats what it looks like during daylight. i never knew it looked like that, thanks for the pic :)

dizneycrazy09

Just curious...does anyone have a link to a video or pictures of the DL version? I've never seen it before, and actually had no idea that it was different. Thanks for the pictures too Konta. It's deffenitely an improvement.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Warning: sarcasm coming

I can't believe that they have mutilated Fantasmic!

This was a classic Disney show, they shouldn't have changed a thing.

Walt would have never stood for this.

Who do they think they are changing an attraction like this.

The army netting was so much better.

There was no reason to change the netting, as it added so much to the ambiance.
[/sarcasm]

Anyway, it looks good. :wave:

dizneycrazy09

Ok so I watched the entire DL version of Fantasmic! I have to say, maybe it's cause I didn't see it in person but, WDW's verson IMO, is much better. The Peter Pan scene is neat, but the Pinochio thing was just pointless. There really isn't too much of a difference, I'm just a fan of WDW's. Thanks again for the links.

CSUFSteve

dizneycrazy09 said:
Ok so I watched the entire DL version of Fantasmic! I have to say, maybe it's cause I didn't see it in person but...

Yes, please see it in person someday before making a final judgement. You know how difficult it is to guage these things from a 320x240 little window sitting in a desk chair. Maybe you'll feel the same way, but as I say, wait until you can get the full effect; with ghost sounds coming from the Mansion, New Orleans Square as backdrop, and live locations you've run around all day as the setting. As I've said before, I'm fine with WDW's take on it, but the impersonality of the stadium and the obvious visual blight of the stage definitely take away the emotional impact of the show from the point of view of most Disneylanders. See for yourself if you agree sometime.

I'll try to post some pictures of DL shots. Some will come from video, some from digi-cam. I'll just grab what I can vs searching through everything exhaustively, but hopefully they'll give you a better idea.

Kontra said:
Sorry for the delay.

AWESOME shots Konta and they really show us what changed. But, as much as they are an improvement over the military netting, man, sorry, not trying to be harsh here, but the whole effect of the stage is still butt ugly. In a way, my 1st reaction was that the new netting makes it even more painfully obvious that it's NOT a natural setting.

Originally, we all at DL were so jealous when we heard WDW was getting Fantasmic! A lot of us knew all the budget cuts that were made to ours and assumed FL would get the full treatment. While I never expected FL to rebuild Tom Sawyer's Island, I did expect that it wouldn't look like a stage, that it would look more natural.

CSUFSteve

DL Fantasmic! area pics pt 1

dl_fantasmic_08.jpg

View of stage left from Mark Twain dock (Columbia in foreground)

dl_fantasmic_09.jpg

Stage right viewing area; Mansion, Splash in background, Rafts and Canoes in background, stage on right

dl_fantasmic_10.jpg

Columbia (Peter Pan segment) at dock with guests

dl_fantasmic_02.jpg

View of main viewing area, New Orleans Square, from stage left (screencap)

dl_fantasmic_03.jpg

Mark Twain (finale) by day, with guests; NOS in background (screencap)

Gucci65

Fantasmic is my favorite nighttime show!! Love the water screens, love the dragon, love Steamboat Mickey at the end!!

IMO - this definately enhances the stage.

Thanks for the pics!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom