New automated spiel on parking trams?

Foolish1

Original Poster
When I was at Animal Kingdom (back in middle of November) I noticed something that I intended to post here. I saw that one of the trams had extra speakers mounted in two of the corners of the "cars". And I believe I recall an automated spiel that went with it.

I'm curious if anyone else saw that, and if this is a preview of "coming attractions"? I guess it would be nice, given that at times it is hard to
hear the cast member, and sometimes hard to understand them. Also, Disneyland has been doing this sort of thing for a while now, I guess.

I have pictures I took of this, that I would be glad to upload, once I can recall where I put them, of course. :brick:

Rob562

When I was at Animal Kingdom (back in middle of November) I noticed something that I intended to post here. I saw that one of the trams had extra speakers mounted in two of the corners of the "cars". And I believe I recall an automated spiel that went with it.

I'm curious if anyone else saw that, and if this is a preview of "coming attractions"? I guess it would be nice, given that at times it is hard to
hear the cast member, and sometimes hard to understand them. Also, Disneyland has been doing this sort of thing for a while now, I guess.

I have pictures I took of this, that I would be glad to upload, once I can recall where I put them, of course. :brick:

Were the speakers pointing at the riders? Or out to the sides of the tram? Perhaps they're making it easier for people approaching the tram to hear the CM's announcements. Like "please wait behind the line until the tram comes to a complete stop", "you can now board" and "final boarding call, no more boarding.", etc. The speakers in the ceiling are not exactly positioned for optimal hearing outside of the tram...

-Rob

daguru

They are pointed at an angle, approx 45 degress outward from parallel with the tram (pointing outside of the tram)... directed towards outside the tram...

I've been seeing those speakers for a while now, I agree, that they are probably so people outside of the tram can hear the operators...

There are already some auto-spiels, but they are just the safety messages (like seat children to the inside), in english and spanish....

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
They are pointed at an angle, approx 45 degress outward from parallel with the tram (pointing outside of the tram)... directed towards outside the tram...

I've been seeing those speakers for a while now, I agree, that they are probably so people outside of the tram can hear the operators...

There are already some auto-spiels, but they are just the safety messages (like seat children to the inside), in english and spanish....
pics?

Billy6

Lets hope they actually hear the tram operators now...
"No further boarding, if you are not on board you'll have to wait for the next tram" "Mamn, please no further boarding, please remain behind the yellow poles"...."Mamn?, Mamn? or my favorite....."you are parked in Goofy, rows, 28-29..Goofy rows, 28-29...later that day..."honey, do you remember where we parked?

OmegaKnight

I have heard a different parking tram spiel a couple of different times. The narrator doesn't have such a gruff sounding voice like the one we all know and love.

sum41914

There is one tram throughout the "World" that has one diffrent speil button, it also has a wireless mic, it was a MK for a little while during the summer but the speil was too long to have to deal with the constant flow of guests at close. So the ones at MK are the normal "Welcome aboard, for your childrens safety please seat them towards the inside, for your safet do not stand or try to exit the tram while it is in motion, if you lose something from the tram please wait till our next stop then notify the operator" after the spanish part plays then we (CMs) are aloud to say pretty much what ever. As far as I know as of January we were keeping the trams that we have and not upgrading to the one at AK. There was a test cab of a tram with doors, but I dont think it worked out.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
There is one tram throughout the "World" that has one diffrent speil button, it also has a wireless mic, it was a MK for a little while during the summer but the speil was too long to have to deal with the constant flow of guests at close. So the ones at MK are the normal "Welcome aboard, for your childrens safety please seat them towards the inside, for your safet do not stand or try to exit the tram while it is in motion, if you lose something from the tram please wait till our next stop then notify the operator" after the spanish part plays then we (CMs) are aloud to say pretty much what ever. As far as I know as of January we were keeping the trams that we have and not upgrading to the one at AK. There was a test cab of a tram with doors, but I dont think it worked out.
What did it look like?

JuanD_20k

It looks exactly the same as every other tram, except it has a handful of big white speakers attached on the outside of it. It travels around from park to park, there was a time that it was at Epcot. They are still just testing it out/using it as an extra tram.

Foolish1

Original Poster
OK, now I feel like an idiot. I found the photo, but I can't figure out to upload a photo here. (I have posted before, but never an image.) If somebody could explain to this idiot (me) how to upload a photo, then you could all see what I am saying...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom