New app for phones?

bigedefd

Original Poster
I saw a Disney parks add today that has a new mobile app for your phone but missed everything does anyone have any idea what i am talking about?

XxMickeyMousexX

looked awesome.....gives you park times, ride wait times, fast pass information for rides and where characters are in the parks.

(i saw this on the commercial about 20 mins ago)

but i BELIEVE it is exclusive for verizon. but i may be wrong. Hope that helps some

lilclerk

looked awesome.....gives you park times, ride wait times, fast pass information for rides and where characters are in the parks.

(i saw this on the commercial about 20 mins ago)

but i BELIEVE it is exclusive for verizon. but i may be wrong. Hope that helps some
Yep it's exclusive to Verizon. There are mobile websites at m.disneyworld.com and m.disneyland.com that are similar, but not as in-depth as the app.

bigedefd

Original Poster
Thank you Everyone that helps explain but I have a Blackberry on another system so I guess I am out of luck. :brick:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Thank you Everyone that helps explain but I have a Blackberry on another system so I guess I am out of luck. :brick:
Not entirely, as was said the mobile sites for WDW and DL are not as in-depth but still pretty good.

lilclerk

The mobile websites work great on my Blackberry =) I used them in the parks last month, they're a good way to at least plan your day without grabbing another map.

I have a few for my iPhone... some were free, some were as much as 99-cents. They all have their plusses and minuses. I can't speak about Verizon but with the iPhone apps, all of the wait times are dependent upon users posting the ride wait times that they see at that moment. My favorite one ensures your location (i.e., I couldn't just randomly post a wait time from my home). And they check (somehow... it's explained but I can't remember exactly) frequently to verify that you're not just randomly pushing up farfetched times.

I've found that while they're not 100% accurate, they give a good indictor as to how long you may potentially be waiting for a particular ride. For example, one time it showed about 60 minutes for TSM at DHS, while, when I walked by the attraction, it was actually posted at about 75. It's hard for people to keep up with such a fluid process.

There are other iPhone apps, too, that show park hours and event times, as well as all of the restaurants and their menus. I think one of mine even has a calculator (check-off system) that you can use if you're on the DDP.

Overall, I like these apps (probably more for their novelty), but I find that when I'm in the parks, I'm not always looking at or using my phone (I'm on vacation, after all!).

Judy

kconlon

I believe it is for Verizon wireless customers only. I am OK with this because Verizon wants $10.00 per month for it.

Kevin

wdwfan100

Seems like whether it is an app or mobile web site. The Blackberry is slow in getting it. It seems like BB have a large user base. Still full functioning mobile web and all the good apps seem to take to long. Frustrating.

mastif

I have a few for my iPhone... some were free, some were as much as 99-cents. They all have their plusses and minuses. I can't speak about Verizon but with the iPhone apps, all of the wait times are dependent upon users posting the ride wait times that they see at that moment. My favorite one ensures your location (i.e., I couldn't just randomly post a wait time from my home). And they check (somehow... it's explained but I can't remember exactly) frequently to verify that you're not just randomly pushing up farfetched times.

I've found that while they're not 100% accurate, they give a good indictor as to how long you may potentially be waiting for a particular ride. For example, one time it showed about 60 minutes for TSM at DHS, while, when I walked by the attraction, it was actually posted at about 75. It's hard for people to keep up with such a fluid process.

There are other iPhone apps, too, that show park hours and event times, as well as all of the restaurants and their menus. I think one of mine even has a calculator (check-off system) that you can use if you're on the DDP.

Overall, I like these apps (probably more for their novelty), but I find that when I'm in the parks, I'm not always looking at or using my phone (I'm on vacation, after all!).

Judy

What is the app called that ensures you are in the proxemity of the parks? just curious. I have "WDW Wait Times" a free app. Is that the same one? it asks me about location services everytime i start it. maybe that's it?

DisneyChik17

I have the FREE Park Hours app and the FREE Lines at Disney app for the iPhone & iTouch. The park hours one is awesome, and I haven't had the chance to use Lines at Disney yet. FREE is a big thing for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom