New AP Sales

matt9112

No official announcement from Disney. Take a look at DLR for guidance in what direction AP’s will be headed.

Disney is a very PR senstive company. Most of the fluff piece websites have been HIGHLY critical of the pass program being terminated (as well as just overall park decline) its honestly shocked me to see the fluffy blogs finally turning on there masters.

With that said Florida has a different pass environment as well as what i would believe is a desire to avoid even more bad PR. I have even seen disney centric sites run pages about how universal is just a much better value.

Upvote 0

Tamandua

A cast member at epcot told us a week and a half ago that if you're not an AP holder now, you won't be one for a "loooong" time. I don't think he really knew anything though.

Upvote 0

HauntedMansionFLA

Disney is a very PR senstive company. Most of the fluff piece websites have been HIGHLY critical of the pass program being terminated (as well as just overall park decline) its honestly shocked me to see the fluffy blogs finally turning on there masters.

With that said Florida has a different pass environment as well as what i would believe is a desire to avoid even more bad PR. I have even seen disney centric sites run pages about how universal is just a much better value.
We will have to wait and see😊

Upvote 0

DisneyOutsider

A cast member at epcot told us a week and a half ago that if you're not an AP holder now, you won't be one for a "loooong" time. I don't think he really knew anything though.
Well an EPCOT tour guide told me just last year that WDW already has a new fleet of monorails and is currently "testing" them at a secret location.

Cast members are the last people to know things in my experience.

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
They're doing AP on a case-by-case - specifically - if you were an AP prior to the pandemic (a year ago, not longer ago) and you canceled your AP they are allowing SOME people to get new APs. Same if you're a current AP and have a child under 3 and now they need an AP, they're selling new for the child. They're FEW and far between.

Upvote 0

cmb5002

They're doing AP on a case-by-case - specifically - if you were an AP prior to the pandemic (a year ago, not longer ago) and you canceled your AP they are allowing SOME people to get new APs. Same if you're a current AP and have a child under 3 and now they need an AP, they're selling new for the child. They're FEW and far between.
Thanks for that info. We're in the latter situation with our daughter turning 3 in September.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

I don't know of anyone specifically but I can assume when Blizzard Beach reopens next month they'll allow AP upgrades. I'm gold but have no desire to upgrade to platinum yet.

They said no to me 2 weeks ago.
Bummer. We bought gold passes for our July 2020 trip that got canceled, so they’re unused and just sitting waiting for us (not complaining, I’m super glad they’re there) but we were pondering a December trip and can’t really make that happen without upgrading the passes. Maybe by the time we’re there in October it will be an option.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom